• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/08/2014 - Tech Talk - First Peek Inside The Elio Motors Facility

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Tech Talk v37
View this email in your browser
83468eef-7e35-4e13-897e-736414932a0d.jpg
ec063135-c535-4d5b-a6e4-2bdad2c96b77.jpg

A Magical Journey, Without the Calories…

There is no magic chocolate river. No bubble blowing machine. No Oompa Loompas. And no ever-lasting gob-stoppers.

But, much like the giant chocolate making factory in the movie “Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” there IS a lot of curiosity about what’s in the Shreveport, Louisiana, factory where the Elio will be built. And, why wouldn’t there be? Here’s just a few of the interesting facts about the facility:
  • The Empire state building is 2.158 million square feet, or just two-thirds the size of the Shreveport facility.
  • The Shreveport facility is big enough to fit 54 football fields.
  • Mall of America has 2.77 million square feet of retail space…so, you can fit every single store in Mall of America inside the Shreveport facility.
  • If the Shreveport facility was a city with the same population density as Manhattan, it would be home to 7,928 people.
Pretty good stuff, eh? It’s easy to see why interest is so high. But, rather than cause a worldwide panic by hiding Golden Tickets in chocolate bars, Paul Elio would rather just show people what’s there. This Tech Talk is the first of what will be multiple updates about our progress. It is a complicated process to build a vehicle, and we will provide a glimpse behind the curtain as we continue to make progress in Shreveport.

A couple weeks ago, we announced we are working with our manufacturing partner Comau to sell surplus equipment at the facility. This is a huge step forward for the company, as it is the culmination of figuring out how the Elio will be built.

Shortly after that, Paul gave NBC affiliate KTAL of Shreveport an inside look at the facility and the equipment that will be essential in building the Elio. This comprehensive inside look was actually a three-hour tour and conversation about the benefits that Elio Motors brings to the economy, the environment and the American consumer. View interview here.

In addition, here is the first look inside the facility at some of the equipment that will be sold as well as some equipment that will remain.

d1b4578c-2ffb-41bc-ae36-79a9c72f8f84.jpg

Paul Elio is interviewed by NBC's Dan Jovic in the nucleus of the plant (where all of the lines meet).

6e8d9b7e-4b7a-45b7-80c4-83b546bfb9ee.jpg

The hub of the station.

b9922aa0-7a2c-4725-8a67-abf4af83cd9b.jpg

Start of the conveyor line.

View more pictures of the facility here.

Okay, so your old Uncle Joe won’t have the thrill of winning that last chance to get inside the factory, but at Elio Motors, we try to be a little more inclusive than the folks at Wonka. It’s great having you all along for this magical adventure and we look forward to sharing more in the months to come.
8e757105-a60e-4b45-972d-2d7cf95640cd.jpg
23e0b01f-8f1b-46ca-b65c-9b12f2c1b348.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors Tech Talk v37
View this email in your browser
83468eef-7e35-4e13-897e-736414932a0d.jpg
ec063135-c535-4d5b-a6e4-2bdad2c96b77.jpg

A Magical Journey, Without the Calories…

There is no magic chocolate river. No bubble blowing machine. No Oompa Loompas. And no ever-lasting gob-stoppers.

But, much like the giant chocolate making factory in the movie “Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” there IS a lot of curiosity about what’s in the Shreveport, Louisiana, factory where the Elio will be built. And, why wouldn’t there be? Here’s just a few of the interesting facts about the facility:
  • The Empire state building is 2.158 million square feet, or just two-thirds the size of the Shreveport facility.
  • The Shreveport facility is big enough to fit 54 football fields.
  • Mall of America has 2.77 million square feet of retail space…so, you can fit every single store in Mall of America inside the Shreveport facility.
  • If the Shreveport facility was a city with the same population density as Manhattan, it would be home to 7,928 people.
Pretty good stuff, eh? It’s easy to see why interest is so high. But, rather than cause a worldwide panic by hiding Golden Tickets in chocolate bars, Paul Elio would rather just show people what’s there. This Tech Talk is the first of what will be multiple updates about our progress. It is a complicated process to build a vehicle, and we will provide a glimpse behind the curtain as we continue to make progress in Shreveport.

A couple weeks ago, we announced we are working with our manufacturing partner Comau to sell surplus equipment at the facility. This is a huge step forward for the company, as it is the culmination of figuring out how the Elio will be built.

Shortly after that, Paul gave NBC affiliate KTAL of Shreveport an inside look at the facility and the equipment that will be essential in building the Elio. This comprehensive inside look was actually a three-hour tour and conversation about the benefits that Elio Motors brings to the economy, the environment and the American consumer. View interview here.

In addition, here is the first look inside the facility at some of the equipment that will be sold as well as some equipment that will remain.

d1b4578c-2ffb-41bc-ae36-79a9c72f8f84.jpg

Paul Elio is interviewed by NBC's Dan Jovic in the nucleus of the plant (where all of the lines meet).

6e8d9b7e-4b7a-45b7-80c4-83b546bfb9ee.jpg

The hub of the station.

b9922aa0-7a2c-4725-8a67-abf4af83cd9b.jpg

Start of the conveyor line.

View more pictures of the facility here.

Okay, so your old Uncle Joe won’t have the thrill of winning that last chance to get inside the factory, but at Elio Motors, we try to be a little more inclusive than the folks at Wonka. It’s great having you all along for this magical adventure and we look forward to sharing more in the months to come.
8e757105-a60e-4b45-972d-2d7cf95640cd.jpg
23e0b01f-8f1b-46ca-b65c-9b12f2c1b348.jpg
I went to the facility pictures on EM - that is some plant! In fact all those pictures are more than enough announcement for me today. I encourage everyone to go take a look. This is so exciting! I feel like I am bursting with positive energy for us, for Elio, for Comau and for the Shreveport community. This definitely makes it even more real! :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to the facility pictures on EM - that is some plant! In fact all those pictures are more than enough announcement for me today. I encourage everyone to go take a look. This is so exciting! I feel like I am bursting with positive energy for us, for Elio, for Comau and for the Shreveport community. This definitely makes it even more real! :) Z

I think we need to call Paul and ask him to make zelio the official spokesperson for Elio.
What about it zelio, would you want the job? You would be good for Elio with all that energy.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we need to call Paul and ask him to make zelio the official spokesperson for Elio.
What about it zelio, would you want the job? You would be good for Elio with all that energy.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. However, I watched the staff in Portland for 4 hours and I honestly don't think I could keep that up day after day. I would love it but my body does have its limits, unfortunately. :-) Z

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence. However, I watched the staff in Portland for 4 hours and I honestly don't think I could keep that up day after day. I would love it but my body does have its limits, unfortunately. :) Z
with all your connections, poster size pictures would be better than any gob-stopper!!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A Tech Talk with some talk about tech in it. Cool!! LOL, I'm mostly teasing.

"This Tech Talk is the first of what will be multiple updates about our progress." I think a few folks on this forum have been looking for this kind of update in a Tech Talk for quite a while.

And now, to use a phrase that I've grown tired of in recent weeks: "I'm just SAYIN'."

Top Bottom