• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And The Great Race June 20-28, 2015

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Tour team is gonna be some tired folks after displaying the car for 4 hrs a day, every day for nine days, travelling each of those days. They'll probably have a minimal booth with less bells and whistles. Plus, OKC to Santa Fe is an 8-hr drive. Other legs may be just as long.

It's a good idea for the publicity to pair up with the Great Race.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tour team is gonna be some tired folks after displaying the car for 4 hrs a day, every day for nine days, travelling each of those days. They'll probably have a minimal booth with less bells and whistles. Plus, OKC to Santa Fe is an 8-hr drive. Other legs may be just as long.

It's a good idea for the publicity to pair up with the Great Race.

agree .... those 9 days are going to much different from the routine they have developed for regular tour stops

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there actually going to be a car they will be displaying on this road race tour. I was going to book a room in Flagstaff, AZ but didn't want to go if there wasn't going to be a car to actually see
They will often answer a specific question like that pretty quickly on the Elio facebook page.

Oh yea, and Hello AZ!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from another thread..

From the events list on the regular site, seems pretty clear...

Jun 25, 2015 - Jun 25, 2015 Evening Stop - Elio At: Hampton Inn & Suites - 2400 S. Beulah Blvd., Flagstaff, Arizona - Hours: 5pm-8pm

I'd call the inn and verify. Rent at the same inn and you might get to eat dinner with the team!

That's two 1/2 hours up there from here, nope I can't go.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from another thread..

From the events list on the regular site, seems pretty clear...

Jun 25, 2015 - Jun 25, 2015 Evening Stop - Elio At: Hampton Inn & Suites - 2400 S. Beulah Blvd., Flagstaff, Arizona - Hours: 5pm-8pm

I'd call the inn and verify. Rent at the same inn and you might get to eat dinner with the team!

That's two 1/2 hours up there from here, nope I can't go.
If anyone does have dinner with the team after all they have been through, remember:
1) They might don't want to talk about the Elio
2) Orange may not their favorite colors.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there actually going to be a car they will be displaying on this road race tour. I was going to book a room in Flagstaff, AZ but didn't want to go if there wasn't going to be a car to actually see
tgilliam, welcome to the forum and there is nothing like actually seeing the Elio and being able to sit in it. It is worth the trip and I highly recommend it. Enjoy the Elio experience and the journey with us.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum tgilliam66! We have a good time here, and hope you'll join in the fun. If you do go to the showing, would you ask a question for me? No one seems to have a clear understanding of the paint process. This was put out by Elio a pretty long time ago.

"Division 3: Paint Division — Priming consists of the dip process of the body frame for anti-corrosion and the color side for painting the body panels utilizing an environmentally friendly “dry process.”"

Please ask what "dry process" painting is. Maybe find out the manufacture of that system. Any info. you can get about this will be greatly appriciated.:D

Top Bottom