• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In Greenbelt, Md May 18, 2015

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just noticed on the tour page...

May 18, 2015 - May 18, 2015 Greenbelt, MD - Hilton Garden Inn - 7810 Walker Drive, Greenbelt, Maryland - Free P4 showing open to the public 1:00pm - 7:00pm

I think I might try to hit this one instead of the Smithsonian event, just a little bit closer for people north of Baltimore.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but I dig your avatar! That looks feasible if you live where you get a significant amount of snow.

Back to the original topic:

I live no where near MD, so I'm biding my time until they eventually make it out to the midwest. July would be good!:) It'd give them a chance to see how well the a/c works!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just noticed on the tour page...

May 18, 2015 - May 18, 2015 Greenbelt, MD - Hilton Garden Inn - 7810 Walker Drive, Greenbelt, Maryland - Free P4 showing open to the public 1:00pm - 7:00pm

I think I might try to hit this one instead of the Smithsonian event, just a little bit closer for people north of Baltimore.

once you know for sure, I'd bet we can generate some questions on points of interest .... my experience has been that the folks on the tour will be happy to provide info

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
here are a few questions I'd like to ask .... that being said, I wouldn't blame them for not answering .... historically when the provide such data those whose agenda is to destroy EM will stop at nothing to twist it and use it against them

1. nothing has been released on the IAV motor since the video of it running .... what is the current status of the motor testing ....

2. any projection on when they will be able to start building prototypes

3. what information was learned from the tour exhibit at with the insurance industry

4. is there anything that they can release on the gov loan or other financial sources

5. when do they project being able to start readying the factory for production

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Got to see it, finally!

1. I was told the motor has been taken apart for x-rays, but all is going well.

2. One of the folks I talked to said she was hoping the prototypes would start being built in August, but that was more of a "hope" than a concrete date.

3. It went well, IIHS sounds like they understand what Elio is and what it is trying to do. They will have to come up with testing plans for the Elio though since it is unlike any other vehicle.

4. No news on loan. Was told there are 3 or 4 alternative sources of financing, and that Elio is definitely a "when" not "if" thing. They would not give any specifics, but it sounded like the biggest issue with large private investors is them gaining control over the company.

5. No real answer here.

Other stuff I learned... They got into the NY auto show because one of the auto show board members is an elio reservation holder. They hope that 2 or 3 of the prototypes will be designated for reservation holder test drives. They won't show anyone the metro engine under the hood, they don't want to advertise something unrepresentative of the final product. You can pretty much see someone standing right behind the Elio with both side mirrors, no back up cam or rear view mirror needed. The next big thing to look forward to is the prototypes. I was told they need $30M and are about half way there....

[Broken External Image]

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
very interesting indeed .... thanks for checking and reporting what you learned .... what was your impression of the P4 .... was this the first time you have seen it

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got to see it, finally!

1. I was told the motor has been taken apart for x-rays, but all is going well.

2. One of the folks I talked to said she was hoping the prototypes would start being built in August, but that was more of a "hope" than a concrete date.

3. It went well, IIHS sounds like they understand what Elio is and what it is trying to do. They will have to come up with testing plans for the Elio though since it is unlike any other vehicle.

4. No news on loan. Was told there are 3 or 4 alternative sources of financing, and that Elio is definitely a "when" not "if" thing. They would not give any specifics, but it sounded like the biggest issue with large private investors is them gaining control over the company.

5. No real answer here.

Other stuff I learned... They got into the NY auto show because one of the auto show board members is an elio reservation holder. They hope that 2 or 3 of the prototypes will be designated for reservation holder test drives. They won't show anyone the metro engine under the hood, they don't want to advertise something unrepresentative of the final product. You can pretty much see someone standing right behind the Elio with both side mirrors, no back up cam or rear view mirror needed. The next big thing to look forward to is the prototypes. I was told they need $30M and are about half way there....

[Broken External Image]
This is good information and you write well.

Top Bottom