• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kuam News "elio Motors: More Environmentally Friendly Than A Cow's What?" Posted 2014 04 21

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember being in physical science class, and one scientist had actually calculated that the "burps" of ten cows could heat an average sized house for a year.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grew up in the Sacramento area and not surprised to see this type of article in the Sacramento Bee. I agree that any good publicity is great and may encourage some of the environmental groups to push for its production

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grew up in the Sacramento area and not surprised to see this type of article in the Sacramento Bee. I agree that any good publicity is great and may encourage some of the environmental groups to push for its production
This article also made it into the New York Daily News. LOL :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Need to hook those cows up to a collection device and harvest all the methane just being wasted as it goes into atmosphere. ;):D:eek::rolleyes:
Not a joke, I grew up near a dairy farm where the cows wore equipment to do this and collect their dung for fuel processing. I wouldn't have wanted to be one of those cows.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am definitely doing my share. What's for supper.....eat beef! Got a brisket on the smoker, been on since about 8AM this morning, Be done in another hour, let it cool and start slicing it up!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found this story today and got a kick out of it. LOL

"
  • One cow produces 242 lbs of methane a year through burps and flatulence. Methane traps 20 times more heat than CO2 over a 100-year period. (SOURCE: Get Green Living) In a year, the average cow will emit 4,840 lbs of CO2 equivalent greenhouses gases.
  • Elio Motors vehicle, driven 20,000 miles, will emit only 4,500 lbs of CO2. So… the Elio is more environmentally friendly than cow farts.
So if a cow is a form of transportation you are considering right now, you'd better hold off and see if Elio Motors can make a car for you next year. No word if a cow fart comparison will be a new requirement for new car window stickers."

Top Bottom