• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about a "kit car" or in this situation a "kit motorcycle"?? Does the same process apply??

*** NOTE *** I'm not suggesting that Mark change gears and sell a kit car/motorcycle (for the mongrel), but if "push came to shove", is that an option??

Personally, I'm OK with assembling my own BEX Mongrel, as long as Mark includes instructions -- that are better than IKEA furniture instructions.
One of the biggest issues with the kit car idea is that the drivetrain can't be imported/sold with the vehicle without running afoul of the EPA. The engines need to be already in the US and meet US specs. Even then, to be a "kit car", the engine and trans can't be sold directly to you by the company that sold you the kit without that making them a full vehicle manufacturer. I don't mind installing an engine and trans, but sourcing them on your own is a pain. I know you can get JDM imports and whatnot, but that isn't cheap.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hate to hear your phone stopped working .... a person can lose a great many things when that happens .... not surprised in the least to hear that you've busy with the development of your trike

The phone is fine, something in the charging port failed and I couldn't charge it.

.... and now it's fixed.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The phone is fine, something in the charging port failed and I couldn't charge it.

.... and now it's fixed.
good to hear .... I still use a Flip Phone, ain't nothing smart about it .... it just makes phone calls .... my wife has an Iphone .... if/when it eventually fails, she'll panic ....

Top Bottom