• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So now we know why the maintenance departments at each Elio store doesn't have to be that large. From press release...

PEP BOYS HAS BEEN NAMED THE OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTER OF ELIO MOTORS

It's a quantum leap toward our dream!

Pep Boys, the multi-billion dollar, nationwide retail and service center chain, is the official service center for Elio Motors! With hundreds and hundreds of stores across the US, Pep Boys is the ideal partner we've been looking for. They have the reach, experience, and brand recognition to satisfy our customers in all areas of service and maintenance.

(link to EM site not working for me. hopefully for someone else?)

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So now we know why the maintenance departments at each Elio store doesn't have to be that large. From press release...

PEP BOYS HAS BEEN NAMED THE OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTER OF ELIO MOTORS

It's a quantum leap toward our dream!

Pep Boys, the multi-billion dollar, nationwide retail and service center chain, is the official service center for Elio Motors! With hundreds and hundreds of stores across the US, Pep Boys is the ideal partner we've been looking for. They have the reach, experience, and brand recognition to satisfy our customers in all areas of service and maintenance.

(link to EM site not working for me. hopefully for someone else?)
Yes, and the pep boys logo will be on the bottom right of the eliomotors.com page. I go there for a tool everyo once in a while. Maybe now, it will be a longer visit.

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Though exactly how this is supposed to work is going to need some definition. There's a grand total of one (1) Pep Boys service center in all of Missouri, and that one is not in Kansas City or St. Louis, where Elio stores are supposed to land.

Malthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Though exactly how this is supposed to work is going to need some definition. There's a grand total of one (1) Pep Boys service center in all of Missouri, and that one is not in Kansas City or St. Louis, where Elio stores are supposed to land.
If you build it they will come......

Might suck for early Elio adopters but Pep Boys will expand if they see that the profit is there.

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Might suck for early Elio adopters but Pep Boys will expand if they see that the profit is there.

Being an early adopter on a new model of home electronics is one thing, having no where to get maintenance on your car is another. If Pep Boys is the official service partner, I'd expect Elio to provide that service in areas where Pep Boys isn't present.

Hopefully, we'll see some additional details on how they will handle this.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does pose as many new questions as it answers. I lucked out I have one near by. in your case if it won't run while it's under warranty who gets to pay the tow bill to tow it clear across the state.

There's other questions as well dealer mechanics under go heavy training on how to treat a car as people are understandably more sensitive about a new car. Will pep boys do this?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The GOOD thing, even if you are quite a ways from a Pep Boys, is that Elio is starting off with 800 some odd service centers. Can you imagine if they started off with just their "60 largest markets" stores being authorized service centers? Sure, if there isn't a Pep Boys nearby it will be inconvenient but it's bound to be better than the roughly 1 per state that Elio would have had. I think it's a good start. I would think that they will address the areas that have no service centers eventually. Hopefully, with as simple as the Elio is, it won't need much servicing. My $60K+ truck hasn't needed service yet and a light, simple, car shouldn't need much in the way of service either.

EDIT - I just looked at Pep Boy's map... Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota... sorry guys out there. I hope Elio gets something in place for that huge chunk of the country. (as well as all the other markets around)

Top Bottom