• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Persu V3

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see the Persu listed. This was the first tilting three wheeler concept I started following back in '07. It was a redesign on the CarverOne platform. I noticed today it had 96,248 preregistrations and still vaporware. The ultimate flytheroad enclosed cabin autocycle. IMO

image.jpg

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, I just wish someone would attach a glass windshield and a partial fairing to a 250cc scooter and add air conditioning (leave access spring-loaded kick panels at bottom for balancing at stoplights). Aero drag would drop from 0.65ish to 0.35ish, highway mpg would go up from 55-80+.

None of these over-engineered solutions are working out.

Elio-great design but no execution.
Carver- same, but too expensive anyway.
Aptera- bad design, crap execution.
Lit C1-wonderful concept, unproven, where's the beef?

I need to see a viable commuter vehicle that doesn't bore me to death before I die. Someone please give me one. An mp3 with same would work fine too if cost <$12K.

Or just sell me a conversion kit and I'll source my own Aprilia scooter.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gosh, yes, would love to. Have a couple of conceptual designs sitting on napkins. I have the same problem as Elio, no funding. :(
I would think such a kit would cost under 3k, add 5k for a body and defroster solution. But then you have to buy the bike too.

But you know about these things from the cabinscooter forum.

We're both junkies for a solution.

BTW, just for a test, I'd use this over the Aprilla. (and just live with the reliability problem)
http://www.scooterdepot.us/trike-gas-motor-scooters-300cc-3-wheels-moped-d300tkb.html

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW, here's some business conceptualization..

Ari-Lea Business model: Product example Atlantric

Build one with extra effort to sport and luxury, record all costs. Document as first unit in a series of them. Street license it.
Create 3 removable tops as an included set. Establish it's specs and performance levels, post on custom website with all docs.
With 6months prior press, auction at Jackson Barrett in Scottsdale (JBs), minimum at costs +20%, if no sell, switch to EBay.

With profits, build the next one(s), Unit #2 offer on Ebay, starting at prior sale price, if no takers, auction at next JBs, then back to Ebay until sold.

Next units, start an auction on website. State the purpose to eventually offer models at all price points. Potential buyers (create account) can specify to get notified of a sale under/over a set value or availability of the nth unit. ! no reservations !, no money down, sell only what has been.

In serial order sell one at a time, sometimes using Ebay, sometimes JBs, usually on website. Sales are staged one at a time in each venue. The most custom product reserved for JBs auctions. If more product exists, pre-list it on the website, but conduct one auction at a time. Closing is x-days after first bid is offered. Schedule is adjustable x-days to the current rate of builds.

When vehicles sell 1 per day, set that +20% as the unit price, build a little faster, and still auction one daily starting at cost. Make a decision on unit prices and rate of build quarterly.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wondered how Persu V3 could have 96K reservations. These are free reservations, it's just an email notification list. Which establishes a level of interest at count but not intensity.

A particular 'like' count for EM on facebook is at 248k likes. Looking at facebook for the flytheroadclub I find 98likes on the front page. Quite a juxtaposition.

As an advocate of the tech, I'm interested in stuff like that.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gosh, yes, would love to. Have a couple of conceptual designs sitting on napkins. I have the same problem as Elio, no funding. :(
I would think such a kit would cost under 3k, add 5k for a body and defroster solution. But then you have to buy the bike too.

But you know about these things from the cabinscooter forum.

We're both junkies for a solution.
BTW, just for a test, I'd use this over the Aprilla. (and just live with the reliability problem)
http://www.scooterdepot.us/trike-gas-motor-scooters-300cc-3-wheels-moped-d300tkb.html

Arik, I would love the trike in your link for fun. But for reliability I like the Aprilia Sportscooter 250 cc. It has 22 hp and already gets 60 mpg. Plus it has large hubs and wheels (for a scooter) which lends to ride quality. http://www.girlonamotorcycle.la/scooters/2009/10/aprilia-sportcity-250.html

My criteria for a 'cabinscooter' are:

Has 2 or 3 wheels. 3 wheel design MUST be 2F/1R. Leaning 3 wheels gets bonus points.
Has glass windshield.
Cabin can be: canvas, spandex, leather, flexible,fiberglass, whatever as long as it is 1.) light. 2.) provides for good rear visibility 3.) protects from rain and heat 4.) improves aerodynamics greatly.
Must have top speed 85 mph and able to maintain sustained cruise at 73 mph.
Has air conditioning OR has cooled seating and cooled handgrips.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fly The Road.
prop_hybrid_new.jpg

Per the FAQ, the release date was 2014.
I don't know the size of the andriods, but the passenger is a lot smaller. Compared to the Elio and even the Atlantric 'me thinks' it's a bit cramped. A tilting cabin is the primary benefit in this design. Keep in mind, free tilters are just as poor in ice and snow as motorcycles. (I always rode my MC 4 seasons) Power controlled tilters safety in ice/snow depends on the implementation.

Top Bottom