• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

South Carolina Publicity Event

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to admit I am puzzled by that also and I'm not even familiar with SC. LOL To my knowledge this is the only time they have done it that way so they must be having or expecting some issues that we are unaware of. I know they prefer very large malls with an attractive atrium/solarium that is large enough to accommodate a vehicle and a lot of people. At least that is what I have observed from the pictures and from my Portland experience. :) Z
I guess the tour visit is three days?? I have mentioned that on that Saturday both major universities (SC and Clemson) have home games with thousands of tailgaters in the parking lots with nothing better to do than to check out the three-wheeled car. Then on Friday and Sunday, they could hit the mall. Clemson is out away from population centers but USC is in Columbia, the middle of the state. (On the other hand, that Clemson Orange vehicle might not be such a big hit in the USC parking lot one week before the big rivalry game.)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess the tour visit is three days?? I have mentioned that on that Saturday both major universities (SC and Clemson) have home games with thousands of tailgaters in the parking lots with nothing better to do than to check out the three-wheeled car. Then on Friday and Sunday, they could hit the mall. Clemson is out away from population centers but USC is in Columbia, the middle of the state. (On the other hand, that Clemson Orange vehicle might not be such a big hit in the USC parking lot one week before the big rivalry game.)
Ahhh! I suspect you have hit on the glitch. That sounds like some interesting logistics to have to deal with. I'm glad it isn't my job. LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Columbia SC, would be great. Middle of the state, 2-3 hours from anywhere in the state. I want to see one in person. #4277 and #????
Hi and welcome from Oregon, BernieB. I am also waiting for my number. The number of times I check my email and my spam box is ridiculous. LOL I understand there is a very big football event that weekend and that may be why they don't know where they are going in the state. We will post the information as soon as we get it. In the meantime, enjoy the forum and your Elio dreams. :-) Z

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still no city pinned down for the South Carolina event. EM, if you're reading this, the clear choices are Columbia, Greenville/Spartanburg, and Charleston. These SMSAs are all about the same size. If it's not Columbia, which is centrally located in the state, then the Charlotte event should be held on the south side of Charlotte (maybe off I-77 at Rock Hill) since there is also a showing up in Raleigh. My 2-centrs worth.

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Some time ago Fishheadbarandgrill said he thought that Greenville, S.C. was out of the running..... Why, do you know something I don't know? I've only been in the Elio group for a month but from what I've seen and been told Elio often does not state the location of an Elio showing until a day or two before. I'm from S.C. originally but live in Georgia now. I can see Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, or even Florence as good locations for Elio to be shown. Personally I'm hoping for Columbia. It is the most centrally located large city in S.C. and is also a place i have family and friends. We may not know the location until just before the date.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some time ago Fishheadbarandgrill said he thought that Greenville, S.C. was out of the running..... Why, do you know something I don't know? I've only been in the Elio group for a month but from what I've seen and been told Elio often does not state the location of an Elio showing until a day or two before. I'm from S.C. originally but live in Georgia now. I can see Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, or even Florence as good locations for Elio to be shown. Personally I'm hoping for Columbia. It is the most centrally located large city in S.C. and is also a place i have family and friends. We may not know the location until just before the date.
Hi Charles, I agree that any of these towns would be fine. If they are far away from me, I'll just head up tot he Charlotte visit. It is true that the exact location may not be set until just before the visit, but SC is the only one where they haven't chosen a city. Bill

Top Bottom