• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Turbo Elio Is Coming!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NSTG8R --- I caught that myself. However since the name of the company is "Precision Turbo" it's hard to make a guess as to which type of device is being discussed. Supercharger or Turbo, both have their advantages but neither would be plug and play without fairly serious internal modifications to the original engines.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NSTG8R --- I caught that myself. However since the name of the company is "Precision Turbo" it's hard to make a guess as to which type of device is being discussed. Supercharger or Turbo, both have their advantages but neither would be plug and play without fairly serious internal modifications to the original engines.

Extra HP is always a good thing, and I like the mention of first year vehicles being able to opt for a retrofit and still be covered by the warranty. As for the internals, I'm hoping they had the supercharger/turbo/whichever in mind when they engineered the lower end. As for lowering the compression ratio, it should be as simple as adding a spacer plate between the head and the block. I'm going to keep mine NA unless they can show that the same mpg can be acheived with a supercharger/turbo/whichever. 84 mile round-trip to work everyday.

Top Bottom