• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Weeks Tech Talk Is All About Interiors

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Before anyone asks for a link - I don't know how to find it but someone did it last week. So please help. I simply wanted to let you know it is available. The only way I can see to forward it from my email is to an email address so if there is one for this site please let me know. Thanks, Z

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HERE IS THE TECH TALK AS PER MY EMAIL:

Interior Styling

Agreeably the Elio commands attention wherever it goes. With its eye-catching sleek exterior, to the unexpectedness of the three-wheel design, the Elio is unlike anything that has ever been seen in the transportation industry.

The interior space, specifically the interior comfort and design, is something the team has put equal consideration into. Everything from the instrument panel configuration to even the placement of cup holders has been carefully considered.
elio11_interior2.jpg

So, how does Elio Motors go about creating an equally memorable interior? From a top level, we started with similar design language to the exterior accentuating dynamic lines that imply motion even at a standstill. Taut yet friendly lines that convey a feeling of order and comfort during those long commutes and trips which the Elio was designed to accommodate.

Working concurrently with exterior designers, the interior design team had to create a variety of occupant studies to ensure comfort and safety for both the driver and passenger. These evaluations take into account a variety of factors including visual obscuration, reach studies for shifter, pedal and park break, side mirror placement and of course headroom. Other evaluations include safety studies to ensure we remain focused on engineering for an anticipated 5-Star Crash Test Safety Rating.

The $6,800 base price of the Elio will feature a high-level of standard design features found in the interior of more expensive vehicles:
  • Air conditioning
  • Power windows and lock
  • AM/FM mp3 stereo with USB connection
  • Steering wheel mounted airbag, side curtain airbags
  • Console mounted shifter and park brake
  • Rear mounted LATCH system for securing in a child seat
  • 3-point safety belts for driver and passenger

Additional items that are in consideration for the base model, but still require more research on pricing and production variations are:
  • A unique instrument cluster inspired by a Lord Elgin watch that belonged to Paul Elio’s father, as opposed to standard gauges that utilize a needle that points to the speed or RPM's. This design reveals such information via a window with a decorative solid surround
  • Contrast stitching on the black cloth seats
  • Painted trim bezels on the instrument panel
  • Three cup holders including two console mounted (one for driver and one for passenger) and one instrument panel mounted
  • Articulating visor
  • Three charge ports
  • Storage bins in the door panel and right hand console
  • A mounting point for a table and/or phone cradle at the top of the instrument panel with a convenient charging port nearby
Dakkota_Cluster_2_cropped_TT.jpg

Even though the base Elio will include a tremendous amount of value, comfort and safety features, some individuals that desire a more customized interior will be able to order additional options at the Elio Retail Center. Some custom interior options that will be available include:
  • Power seats trimmed in black leather
  • Upgraded stereo system featuring Bluetooth with hands free dialing
  • Door/right hand panel inserts color matched to your exterior
Elio Motors will continue working towards designing a stylish, modern and most of all comfortable interior. Of course a host of choices will be available to further personalize your Elio even more to your liking. Be sure to look to future Tech Talks for a sneak peek into what other options will be offered.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Interior Styling

Agreeably the Elio commands attention wherever it goes. With its eye-catching sleek exterior, to the unexpectedness of the three-wheel design, the Elio is unlike anything that has ever been seen in the transportation industry.

The interior space, specifically the interior comfort and design, is something the team has put equal consideration into. Everything from the instrument panel configuration to even the placement of cup holders has been carefully considered.
elio11_interior2.jpg

So, how does Elio Motors go about creating an equally memorable interior? From a top level, we started with similar design language to the exterior accentuating dynamic lines that imply motion even at a standstill. Taut yet friendly lines that convey a feeling of order and comfort during those long commutes and trips which the Elio was designed to accommodate.

Working concurrently with exterior designers, the interior design team had to create a variety of occupant studies to ensure comfort and safety for both the driver and passenger. These evaluations take into account a variety of factors including visual obscuration, reach studies for shifter, pedal and park break, side mirror placement and of course headroom. Other evaluations include safety studies to ensure we remain focused on engineering for an anticipated 5-Star Crash Test Safety Rating.

The $6,800 base price of the Elio will feature a high-level of standard design features found in the interior of more expensive vehicles:
  • Air conditioning
  • Power windows and lock

Additional items that are in consideration for the base model, but still require more research on pricing and production variations are:
  • A unique instrument cluster inspired by a Lord Elgin watch that belonged to Paul Elio’s father, as opposed to standard gauges that utilize a needle that points to the speed or RPM's. This design reveals such information via a window with a decorative solid surround
  • Three cup holders including two console mounted (one for driver and one for passenger) and one instrument panel mounted
  • Articulating visor
  • Three charge ports
  • A mounting point for a table and/or phone cradle at the top of the instrument panel with a convenient charging port nearby

Even though the base Elio will include a tremendous amount of value, comfort and safety features, some individuals that desire a more customized interior will be able to order additional options at the Elio Retail Center. Some custom interior options that will be available include:
Elio Motors will continue working towards designing a stylish, modern and most of all comfortable interior. Of course a host of choices will be available to further personalize your Elio even more to your liking. Be sure to look to future Tech Talks for a sneak peek into what other options will be offered.
Thank you for the rescue, JP. I really do wish I knew how to do things like this. :-) Z

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the rescue, JP. I really do wish I knew how to do things like this. :) Z
just click and drag your mouse so it highlights it, right click and select copy then right click and paste it where you want to

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Interior Styling

elio11_interior2.jpg

• Air conditioning
  • Power windows and lock

• Articulating visor
  • Three charge ports

Chuckle, they need to change the "door open" warning light to only one door unless the second one is for the back hatch door access. Your posting is a lot clearer and easy to see than the one Elio sent to my email. Thanks

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the control panel, but I hope they get rid of the white lights, I'd hate to have that in my eyes during a night drive. Of all the cars I've driven I've found that orange lights seems to be easiest on the eyes.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chuckle, they need to change the "door open" warning light to only one door unless the second one is for the back hatch door access. Your posting is a lot clearer and easy to see than the one Elio sent to my email. Thanks

Just keep the price low and I don't mind what it looks like. My Dad has had about 7 or 8 Pontiac Grand Prix and the door ajar light was on a little diagram of the car on a screen that showed which doors were open. I wish more cars did that

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the control panel, but I hope they get rid of the white lights, I'd hate to have that in my eyes during a night drive. Of all the cars I've driven I've found that orange lights seems to be easiest on the eyes.

I like Red interior lights like Pontiac and Mazda did. Red is the easiest on your eyes at night which is why my headlamp for backpacking has a red light so I can read at night. Might be a good aftermarket mod to do

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hate the instrument cluster.

The wheel fairings have grown on me.

I don't like the ugly rear-end. But it has some aero attributes.

But the instrument cluster... what a waste of available space for info.

The aftermarket is already in design mode.

I like the first instrument cluster, not the upgraded designer one. I like seeing the needle travel to the numbers, not when the speed and rpm just appear like that

Top Bottom