• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't the stock tire size close to spare space saver size already?

it may well be .... my comment was based on looking at the rear suspension .... from doing so, it doesn't appear that there is much room between the side of the rear tire and the rear cowling .... knowing the size of that gap would allow consideration to the thickness of a spare that might be stored in that area

Jim

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it may well be .... my comment was based on looking at the rear suspension .... from doing so, it doesn't appear that there is much room between the side of the rear tire and the rear cowling .... knowing the size of that gap would allow consideration to the thickness of a spare that might be stored in that area

Jim

All guesstimates at this point, But we do know that the trunk opening is 14" wide and the body is at least 3" wider per side. So the width at the very back is at least 20" wide. I'll guess that the rear tire will be no more than 5" leaving around 7 1/2" of space on each side. Since the swing arm is on the right, the spare would go on the left. If it could be moved forward a few inches there would be even more space. Maybe Eastern Catalytic could whip up something. ;)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All guesstimates at this point, But we do know that the trunk opening is 14" wide and the body is at least 3" wider per side. So the width at the very back is at least 20" wide. I'll guess that the rear tire will be no more than 5" leaving around 7 1/2" of space on each side. Since the swing arm is on the right, the spare would go on the left. If it could be moved forward a few inches there would be even more space. Maybe Eastern Catalytic could whip up something. ;)

if they can and if it works, my hunch is they can sell bunches of them .... any idea on how to get the idea to them so they can check ?

Jim

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rear view doesn't show much space. You have to remember the steel structure and the trunk floor might not be enough height to fit it also the back tappers in to the back. Also other parts may utilize the area that we are not aware of.

elio5rgb2.jpg

Top Bottom