• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want to be able to make my elio my "only" vehicle... So a storage solution of some kind is wanted. I can fit a week or 2 of groceries in the back seat, but one big bundle of toilet paper and paper towels will also completely take over the back seat... the point is, I want the option for some extra space. I dont care if its side, top or rear mounted....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to be able to make my elio my "only" vehicle... So a storage solution of some kind is wanted. I can fit a week or 2 of groceries in the back seat, but one big bundle of toilet paper and paper towels will also completely take over the back seat... the point is, I want the option for some extra space. I dont care if its side, top or rear mounted....

very well understood .... for us it will not be an "only" vehicle but we do want the option to making some long weekend outings for which my wife will require more storage space than is available inside of an Elio .... note, I said "require" not want ..;)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
very well understood .... for us it will not be an "only" vehicle but we do want the option to making some long weekend outings for which my wife will require more storage space than is available inside of an Elio .... note, I said "require" not want ..;)
I understand and face the same situation. Not an option but a requirement to travel together

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score

actually, now that I think about it... Perhaps something that is both on the top/sides, on the rear end... would work best... it would have to be cut off at a certain point to allow the rear view mirrors to do their job.... its either that or a tow.. and I don't want to void the warranty...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
actually, now that I think about it... Perhaps something that is both on the top/sides, on the rear end... would work best... it would have to be cut off at a certain point to allow the rear view mirrors to do their job.... its either that or a tow.. and I don't want to void the warranty...

with the Skyz option, a rear view camera will be available

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I assumed a rear view camera was available without the skyz system... its about to be standard pretty soon on everything.... not that I am opposed to the skyz system, I havent really made up my mind yet. I know I want an analog dash display. Constantly changing digital numbuers both annoy and distract me, and I am a techie. I like the gentle sway of a needle.

it has been reported that the vehicle will come wired for the entire Skyz system but that the components you want will be offered as options

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assumed a rear view camera was available without the skyz system... its about to be standard pretty soon on everything.... not that I am opposed to the skyz system, I haven't really made up my mind yet. I know I want an analog dash display. Constantly changing digital numbers both annoy and distract me, and I am a techie. I like the gentle sway of a needle.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I don't really want to void the warranty either, but when it comes down to the wife and I being able to travel in the Elio, being able to take what we need with us isn't a luxury, it's a MUST...so if it comes down to keeping the warranty valid, or being able to take our stuff with us, the warranty looses out on that decision...

Top Bottom