• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently tow my Hyundai Sonata (automatic) behind my Motorhome with a tow dolly and you are right, they don't back well. I want to eliminate this with my Elio and flat tow it for a number of reasons. Hopefully Blue Ox or one of our talented members will have a suggestion
Let's look at Blue Ox Towing Products

Looks like they handle a line of rack systems also

Avards

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't recall a thread dedicated to flat towing an Elio behind another vehicle .... over time there have been many post about it in various other threads .... from early on EM has stated they are designing the Elio to be flat towed behind a motorhome .... I've spoken about it with their tour folks who told me that they see it as a significant, viable market .... I've never seen details on how they are planning to attach the tow bar and would really like to do so it would be good if some of our folks who happen to visit a tour stop would readdress this question

I've had the same question for quite a long time. A satisfactory answer, either positive or negative, has not been forthcoming. The issue has a direct bearing on my potential decision whether, or not, to buy an Elio. A positive answer would greatly enhance the potential for my making a decision to commit to such a purchase. Funds are available, but without a firm understanding that the vehicle can be flat towed, 3-wheels down, I'm not going to even consider committing. Without said capability, the vehicle would be useless to me, other than being a toy, and I've got too many of those already.

Top Bottom