• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have one started, just looking for the right shell, as I tow with my Sporty, as well. Going to put diamond plate aluminum on the floor and pin around it, as well.
Funny coincidence as I happen to have been given a cargo shell and now just need a trailer for it.
Maybe since you both live in Georgia you can combine the two and share. You will simply have to avoid traveling at the same time. LOL

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the trailer hitch is now a after market add on. Lucky for me my son is a great fabricator and welder. I hope there is some part of the frame that will accept a hitch.

Edit:
Q: Can you put in a trailer hitch? or other options like GPS and retro like options?
A:The tow option is one of the more requested options we're looking at, but have not committed to it.

Last edited:

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I never heard that was ever a "real" option. I think it was mentioned by EM that the frame would "be ready" for one and after market resellers would take it from their. Mr. Elio also mentioned in Phoenix that the frame "may" be ready for a roof rack too.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I never heard that was ever a "real" option. I think it was mentioned by EM that the frame would "be ready" for one and after market resellers would take it from their. Mr. Elio also mentioned in Phoenix that the frame "may" be ready for a roof rack too.
I've noticed a lot of things that were gonna be standard are now options. Heard about the roof rack attachment but that would really kill the fuel milage. I guess we shall wait and see.
Thanks

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping Thule can figure out a way to mount a roof rack. They are better then factory racks and can be removed when not needed. One way or another mine will be getting a 1 1/4" receiver hitch. I'll make my own if necessary.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understood the trailer hitch was an option, not standard. It was mentioned in the descriptive material about one of the suppliers on EM website but I don't remember which one. Z

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors never said that a hitch would be standard.... or made by Elio Motors. They have always said that the frame will have 'mounting locations' and will come 'pre-wired'...... but the actual Hitch Receiver and any Trailers would be P-O-S After Market items.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't find where, exactly, but I remember reading in a couple of places that they're designing in 'hard points' for trailer hitch attachment. That would explain the "trailer hitch ready" statements.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom