• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

We Are Starting To Grow.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hooked within days of doing the research. Elio seems to have a great concept and business model. I think momentum would build further if they had more prototypes out on the road. I'd go with a more conservative color like silver or white instead of orange, but the marketing boys and girls must know what they are doing. I read that production and delivery would begin in Q3 of 2015. Is that the latest true estimate?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hooked within days of doing the research. Elio seems to have a great concept and business model. I think momentum would build further if they had more prototypes out on the road. I'd go with a more conservative color like silver or white instead of orange, but the marketing boys and girls must know what they are doing. I read that production and delivery would begin in Q3 of 2015. Is that the latest true estimate?

William, Welcome to the ElioOwners.com forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

Q3 of 2015 is the current production goal and we do hope they are able to meet this date. The production date has unfortunately slipped in the past but hopefully as they are getting further along in the vehicle development process these dates will become clearer. We are expecting the next prototype, P5, around October of this year and this one should be really good as it should be pretty close to the production model with a real Elio drivetrain and very close to final exterior design. If everything checks out with the P5 they plan to build about 25 pre-production vehicles for a full battery of testing and final development before production begins next year. We are here enjoying this journey as it is very interesting to follow along with the development of a new vehicle and the infrastructure needed to build and deliver this new vehicle to consumers.

Glad you are excited about this neat little vehicle and we are glad to have you here with us. You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

We also have a thread for our many current and former service members to introduce themselves. If that applies to you visit this thread:http://www.elioowners.com/threads/military-service.1118/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Me too. Only 2 colors I would consider. Not a fan of the green, red, and orange colors.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just reserved mine this week. Don't have my number yet. Can't wait to see one in November!

Bob
Isle Of Palms
Finally someone in SC in line behind me (5,614). This car will look great tooling around the Isle of Palms. I used to go to conferences down there at Wild Dunes. Beautiful place.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just reserved mine this week. Don't have my number yet. Can't wait to see one in November!

Bob
Isle Of Palms
Bob, congratulations on your reservation and welcome to the forum. We are a friendly helpful bunch (mostly) and encourage you to join in the conversations to help pass the time until we can take delivery of our Elio's. Was stationed at Ft Jackson in the mid 60's and really liked Columbia and South Carolina. May have to take a trip through there when I pick up my Elio at the factory. Welcome and we look forward to your comments.

Top Bottom