• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I think it's great that KSLA, is asking for some answers to the same question most of us Elio supporters are asking. I don't think, given their record of past delays, it is unreasonable to want to know if Elio will meet their third quarter 2015 commitment, or are they planning on hiring soon. I for one would accept additional delays, but I would appreciate a straight answer, instead of the standard Elio statement of "we're on schedule for 2015." Honesty goes a long way when it comes to credibility. Time for Paul to issue a statement.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I think it's great that KSLA, is asking for some answers to the same question most of us Elio supporters are asking. I don't think, given their record of past delays, it is unreasonable to want to know if Elio will meet their third quarter 2015 commitment, or are they planning on hiring soon. I for one would accept additional delays, but I would appreciate a straight answer, instead of the standard Elio statement of "we're on schedule for 2015." Honesty goes a long way when it comes to credibility. Time for Paul to issue a statement.
I thought Elio's, and hence Paul's statement is 'we're on schedule for 2015'. That's been said very recently and documented. What other statement do you want to see him make?
I'm sure if / when things change, they'll let us know.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought Elio's, and hence Paul's statement is 'we're on schedule for 2015'. That's been said very recently and documented. What other statement do you want to see him make?
I'm sure if / when things change, they'll let us know.
It is, but when in 2015? Are they going to make it third or fourth quarter, or will it be 2016? I'm sure they have some idea when hiring will have to start to meet those deadlines. Even if they aren't sure, that would be a response instead of evading the questions.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the questions, especially from Caddo Parish. They did pony up a lot of money to help buy the plant. But the story, as is most news stories is off. The headline makes it sound like there is a new delay. That delay was announced last March, so it's a little decieving. And somehow they got ahold of the biggest negative Nelly on the Elio Owners facebook page (a bitter person who seems angry at life with all his posts, think 3Card that used to be here). There may indeed be further delays, but i will wait until i here it from Paul.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is, but when in 2015? Are they going to make it third or fourth quarter, or will it be 2016? I'm sure they have some idea when hiring will have to start to meet those deadlines. Even if they aren't sure, that would be a response instead of evading the questions.
Everything I've seen since I started this journey in July of 2014 (I'm a relatively short timer) has been 3rd quarter 2015. It's never changed. They've never altered that. So beginning production sometime between July and September of 2015 is still the target and published date until I hear differently. Now. Between you and me, I think that it will be later, possibly Oct, Nov, Dec or even into 2016, but there has never been any wavering on the 3rd quarter 2015 date that has been put out by Elio since July 2014.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everything I've seen since I started this journey in July of 2014 (I'm a relatively short timer) has been 3rd quarter 2015. It's never changed. They've never altered that. So beginning production sometime between July and September of 2015 is still the target and published date until I hear differently. Now. Between you and me, I think that it will be later, possibly Oct, Nov, Dec or even into 2016, but there has never been any wavering on the 3rd quarter 2015 date that has been put out by Elio since July 2014.
Most responses to Facebook question rarely mention third quarter any more, just we are on track for 2015.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the questions, especially from Caddo Parish. They did pony up a lot of money to help buy the plant. But the story, as is most news stories is off. The headline makes it sound like there is a new delay. That delay was announced last March, so it's a little decieving. And somehow they got ahold of the biggest negative Nelly on the Elio Owners facebook page (a bitter person who seems angry at life with all his posts, think 3Card that used to be here). There may indeed be further delays, but i will wait until i here it from Paul.
Doesn't matter what we think. Bad publicity requires a response which the reporter didn't get from Elio, so public perception is important. Hopefully they will do a followup piece after Paul responds.

Top Bottom