• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/9/2015 - Me Myself And Robot - Elio Motors Built A $6,800 Vehicle, But Will We Ever See It?

JJ

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Nice article... but I feel the same way about the title "will we ever see it." I was excited when I made my reservation back in August. Since then its just set back after setback. My friends at work keep asking... whats the latest setback? I'm barely even following Elio updates anymore. Last I heard the car would be out by Sept of this year... I'm sure that has been 'setback' as well. Sorry if I'm sounding negative.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice article... but I feel the same way about the title "will we ever see it." I was excited when I made my reservation back in August. Since then its just set back after setback. My friends at work keep asking... whats the latest setback? I'm barely even following Elio updates anymore. Last I heard the car would be out by Sept of this year... I'm sure that has been 'setback' as well. Sorry if I'm sounding negative.
Seriously I hope the Elio becomes a successful project as everyone here .Being a realist I don't think it will happen and i've pretty much moved on .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think many of us here go through vacillating yes/no, it will/it won't. If you don't your probably not, at least partially, emotionally involved. Of course we have the extremes EM can do no good/ Paul Elio will have monuments raised in his name.I enjoy those folks who see dark clouds everywhere , complain about being cheated, lack of "Shareholder" information etc. and continue to be amazed just how much effort and energy, they put out here, to their own detriment .
I myself rise and ebb making judgements about where we are, and what the future will hold for my Elio. My 1k was so long ago, and that I could afford to line up for a new "toy" the $ aspect has never been an issue for me, . Now I'm going with I will get my Elio. Good luck to us all.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might have mentioned this before, but failure is always an option. My wife and I put our money down knowing this but banked on Elio's success. Having never been involved quite this intimately with a startup before (where I have a personal/financial stake) it has been eye-opening and sometimes feel like I'm getting whip sawed around sometimes. Still, there is no real reason to write it off yet. Setbacks? Sure, what startup, successful or not doesn't have them. Would I like to just walk away and write the $$ off I put down, sure who hasn't? The thing is, it seems that Americans aren't used to having things fail so when something they become involved in shows signs of faltering the horns sound to abandon ship and accusations fly of malfeasance. Sure we have to be wise and careful, but let's not be reckless and unthinking. Watching and listening is vital, knee jerking to less than ideal news only makes you look silly.

Top Bottom