• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2014/05/10 Kpho.com, Local Company To Begin Production On $6800 Three Wheeled Vehicle

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.kpho.com/story/25480736/local-company-to-begin-production-on-6800-three-wheeled-vehicle

CBS 5 Arizona video report on the Elio. In error they reported the missing muffler due to it being creamed by a NY pothole during the Fox broadcast, when in reality the NY street had been stripped for repaving and it hit a manhole cover that was sticking up.

Stripping for those not familiar is where the top 1-3 inches of pavement is ground away so that fresh pavement can be put on without raising the level of the road.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
This is going to be a PITA as NC is fond of stripping streets for repaving... and leaving them that way for months or even years. There's one road on the way to my grandmother's house that was stripped just before the recession - and is STILL stripped.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.kpho.com/story/25480736/local-company-to-begin-production-on-6800-three-wheeled-vehicle

CBS 5 Arizona video report on the Elio. In error they reported the missing muffler due to it being creamed by a NY pothole during the Fox broadcast, when in reality the NY street had been stripped for repaving and it hit a manhole cover that was sticking up.

Stripping for those not familiar is where the top 1-3 inches of pavement is ground away so that fresh pavement can be put on without raising the level of the road.
Nice formatting. I'll do the same and hopefully, people will catch on.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is going to be a PITA as NC is fond of stripping streets for repaving... and leaving them that way for months or even years. There's one road on the way to my grandmother's house that was stripped just before the recession - and is STILL stripped.[/Q
I think I read somewhere that the p4 has 14" tires, but the final model is planned to have 15" which should solve some of that problem.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Great report, Jobeleca. Thanks for posting. If the increase in news coverage is any indication I would say the pressure is on Elio to get this thing rolling. Of course that is probably why we are getting so many more events scheduled. I'm so happy about that. Go Elio!!! :-) Z

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, it's called milling. I know a lot of places like to play fast and loose with the rules, but whenever there is an uneven surface in the direction of traffic, they is supposed to be a ramp of asphalt left so that doesn't happen. Hitting a raise manhole cover at 50mph is a good way to blow a tire.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This is going to be a PITA as NC is fond of stripping streets for repaving... and leaving them that way for months or even years. There's one road on the way to my grandmother's house that was stripped just before the recession - and is STILL stripped.

From what I have read the current exhaust on the P4 prototype is supposedly not the final exhaust and not in the final location. We will see for sure in coming moths however the exhaust should be better protected in the production vehicle.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that the p4 has 14" tires, but the final model is planned to have 15" which should solve some of that problem.
Plus hand fabricated exhaust almost always hangs lower than what a production exhaust does so the prototype clearance likely doesn't match what is planed for the tighter production standards.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I have read the current exhaust on the P4 prototype is supposedly not the final exhaust and not in the final location. We will see for sure in coming moths however the exhaust should be better protected in the production vehicle.
Once again great minds think alike...

Top Bottom