• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 Camaro

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in October our Daughter bought a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Cpe LT w/2LT, her first new vehicle in 15 years .... her 2LT is the top of the line for V6 powered Camaros .... she drove one SS that has a big V8 and it was really impressive, most of the features found in the SS are also found in the 2LT .... I found the head's up display to really be impressive

[Broken External Image]

it now has over 1,000 miles on it .... this week she drove it from her home south of Raleigh to the NC mountains in Asheville for a family Thanksgiving gathering .... total trip over 500 miles .... mostly interstate with speed limits mostly 65/70 .... she set her cruise at 2 mph over the limit .... hand figured mileage going from the flat lands (elevation 220') to the mountains (2,200' +) averaged 28.2 mpg .... non mountain cruising, 30.7 mpg .... not bad at all for 323 hp V6.... to say she is delighted with its performance would be a major understatement .... in the late '90's my wife owned 2 V6 Camaros .... both were totaled and both times the car was destroyed while protecting the occupants from major injury .... she really like them both but they didn't deliver anywhere near the level of performance as the 2015 .... I tend to believe that in mid 2016 my wife's 12 model year old Chevy Trailblazer will have to be moved to a different spot in the yard so as to make room for another Camaro ... :D

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
a while back my wife and I were standing out in driveway when a neighbor drove in .... he drove up to us, looked straight at me and asked, "Midlife crisis?" .... to me that was really funny .... our Daughter really likes hers but its not the style of vehicle I have any interest in .... the fact is, I've ridden in it but haven't driven it yet .... no real reason, just haven't .... it is an impressive vehicle with many excellent qualities but if/when I have a midlife crisis and decide to buy another vehicle (other than an Elio :cool: ) it will be a really decked out Chevy pickup

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the new Camaros except for one thing.
Getting out of them is hard for this old body; they are very comfortable in the seats, the V6 preforms like a early small block V8.
I rented a black one in Spokane for a week; great looking car; but I would just dread getting out of it.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I really like the new Camaros except for one thing.
Getting out of them is hard for this old body; they are very comfortable in the seats, the V6 preforms like a early small block V8.
I rented a black one in Spokane for a week; great looking car; but I would just dread getting out of it.

that's my experience as well ....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the 2016 Camaro has been named Motor Trend's Car Of The Year :

"Here’s one where the new Camaro might actually transcend the criteria. Is this the best production ponycar the world has ever seen? Without hesitation, yes. What was interesting to me is that we judge types weren’t talking about the Camaro in relation to the Mustang GT that we brought along as a benchmark. We were talking about future Camaro comparison tests against BMWs, Audis, and AMGs. I’d even throw Porsche into that mix. MacKenzie sums up our feelings: “A revelation. Absolutely world-class sports car performance and dynamics from an American icon. The new Camaro is one of the finest driver’s cars in the world. And that’s before you even talk about the price.” It’s also absolutely bitchin’, and it’s the 2016 Motor Trend Car of the Year."

taken from this link

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
the 2016 Camaro has been named Motor Trend's Car Of The Year :

"Here’s one where the new Camaro might actually transcend the criteria. Is this the best production ponycar the world has ever seen? Without hesitation, yes. What was interesting to me is that we judge types weren’t talking about the Camaro in relation to the Mustang GT that we brought along as a benchmark. We were talking about future Camaro comparison tests against BMWs, Audis, and AMGs. I’d even throw Porsche into that mix. MacKenzie sums up our feelings: “A revelation. Absolutely world-class sports car performance and dynamics from an American icon. The new Camaro is one of the finest driver’s cars in the world. And that’s before you even talk about the price.” It’s also absolutely bitchin’, and it’s the 2016 Motor Trend Car of the Year."

taken from this link
That was probably based on the SS model with the Corvette drive line; they have an edition that is pretty much like they took a Camaro body and dropped it on a Corvette chassis and drive line; that Camaro flies. That 650bhp 6 speed in that light little body, it can't do anything but fly. Just a totally awesome car oh yeah for close to $60K

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
that have also cut a couple of hundred pounds and added an option for a 4 cylinder engine .... they said they wanted something to compete in that market segment

Top Bottom