• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Funny story: wife and I are watching the race. They get to about 29 laps left, I asked her for each of us to try and pick the winner, maybe look at the top 8, I figured the winner would come from there. Her favorite is Kenseth, so she took him since he was leading. I'd noticed and heard that Hamlin had a good car and could move when he wanted to. He was in 7th at the time, so I took a flyer on him.

For the final 15 laps, she was asleep, and I was quiet as a mouse. BUT THEN I of course let her know the outcome when she woke. lol

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it looks great; and they tore down that big ugly pagoda they had in the infield by the Start Finish line. They had built it to attract F1; which didn't work out. I hope they have elevators to get to the top of the bleachers, they are really tall.
Escalators, actually, but yes. I really want to experience it myself next year.

Jeff, that was not nice...I spent the race next to my favorite Kenseth fan and have bruises to prove it. I also got video Facebooked from Mexico by my 11 fan buddy afterward. Ain't technology great?

All in all, a less than awesome race with an exciting finish. I was hoping for Truex to hold Hamlin off, myself.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping Jr. would win it; Kenseth was my second choice.
It was boring, that new aero package they're running just went in the wrong direction.
They said it was to improve the handling so that there could be a lot more passing, ....... wrong.
They could pull up to people but unless you could time a pass like the 11 did at the end of the race you would end up taking yourself out.
Most of the crashes were because you couldn't keep the car straight if you got in the wrong air.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apologies to the Danica fans here, just thought it was hilarious.

8daeb7cd568cde70df185dd78efd1ddc.jpg

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They're gonna make a left turrrrrrn!!!!

Now they're gonna make another left turrrrrrrn!!!!

Yeah that is what they do, but if you visualize yourself in that drivers seat and you have to make that left turn at 200 mph, heading toward a wall, with someone 6 inches to your left and right of you and someone bumping you from the rear it elevates the excitement exponentially.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Indy Car does it, F1 does it, even F1 Superbikes does it, why can't NASCAR?
What is it? It is a warning light at the back of the car showing a car going into the pits or slowing down because of rain or a car problem.
This way the people behind know to back off; for NASCAR it would be used as a turn signal to show when someone is going into the pits.
Yes, there is a chance of misuse, but you put a rule with it that says "once activated you must pit within one lap of be black flagged".
This would avoid so many accidents when people are trying to slow down to enter the pits; or if they have a problem avoid getting plowed into from behind from someone not knowing he's got a problem. Some tracks they end up having to go around extra laps because they can't get down to go into the pits drop crud all over the track, and bingo, someone hits that oil or debris and bangs the wall.
I think it's something they really need since these drivers can see anywhere except forward.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
a while back I watched a discussion on adding a brake light and the consensus was it would be deadly .... drivers would brake check those on their rear which would add not decrease the number of accidents

Top Bottom