• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
#7 he might have to enlarge the trophy room at his house if he keeps this up.
That does put him up in some elite company.

Maybe he should stop by John Force's house and look at his trophy room to see how it's done ;)
John has won 16 Championships. <NHRA>

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
even without winning his 7th championship yesterday, for my money, the Jimmy Johnson - Chad Knaus team is the finest in the history of NASCAR .... I can't see any reason with that they can't pickup another championship or two down the line

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chad Knaus and JJ are the best combo (I'm not a big JJ fan either.). I still don't like the playoff format.

Earlier this year I was thinking "JJ is having a bad year.". I went to Martinsville and saw him win.....then he wins the championship. lol.

I was really rooting for Edwards. He is such a stand up guy. Can anyone tell me why Nascar was so quick to throw the caution (the one that brought up the restart/crash), but when JJ was up front and a guy smashed into the wall really hard and was a clear caution, Nascar acted like they didn't want to throw the caution. They raced quite a while.

You can argue with me all you want, but Earnhardt is still the best. (No point in arguing. You won't change my mind. There is no way to test Johnson vs Petty vs Earnhardt). JJ is clearly in the league of the all time bests. He is the best of my generation and it isn't even close.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It surprised me too.
Red Bull is everywhere in a lot of different sports; Monster decided to bump up the Bar.

Whoever said selling caffeine and sugar was not profitable must be kicking themselves right now.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It surprised me too.
Red Bull is everywhere in a lot of different sports; Monster decided to bump up the Bar.

Whoever said selling caffeine and sugar was not profitable must be kicking themselves right now.

We have so much sugar and caffeine on the market that marijuana was a sure outcome. When you have that many different legal stimulants, it would naturally follow that you would need more legal depressants. Tobacco is loosing market to vaping, so nicotine use is waning. It seems probable that we would legalize Marijuana and also as many as 50 variants of the weed. In Colorado there are as many as 50 brands already on the market. I believe that the smart investor is going to invest in weed. If not growing, then marketing. FYI I don't use caffeinated drinks, except coffee, I don't use energy drinks, I don't smoke. I am just an observer who doesn't understand everything I see. Buy stock in WEED

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stewart Hass moving to FORD!
Now 13 FORDS in the lineup for 2017.
Martin to be inducted into the NASCAR HOF.
I always rooted for him, till he shifted brands.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Stewart Hass moving to FORD!
Now 13 FORDS in the lineup for 2017.
Martin to be inducted into the NASCAR HOF.
I always rooted for him, till he shifted brands.
SH to Ford has been known for a while now, had to do with this box of money .... :becky: ..... or as they put it, "it was just a business decision"
Hendricks knew it too (they currently supply SH with a lot of things); there was a rumor that Tony was retiring because he's didn't want to drive a Ford.
Martin drove for whoever would hire him, it wasn't brand loyalty. And Mark was a lot more competitive when he was drinking, then he quit drinking, "found" god, and exercise and lost that "edge"" until he when to front row racing (the 78 car) and he turned that team into a top 10 car, Truex came into a sweet deal after Mikey screwed him.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They're changing the races, supposedly for the better; that's yet to be seen.

They are breaking the races into 3 segments, they will issue points for each section.
And there will be 2 different kinds of points; race points, and playoff points.

I'm going to have to find an article to break this all down, it sounds messed up until I go find the details.
But it's for the "New Crowd" that watches races; their attention span is too short to wait till the end of a 400 or 500 miles race.

Top Bottom