• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you watched the Nationwide race today, I think you saw a bit of what Sunday is going to be like.
This new aero package is crazy, and it's almost impossible to pass someone without taking yourself or someone else out.
It's going to be wild.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Daytona 500 is rolling! :car: Something strange that I've never noticed before. Even during the commercials, there's a inset [screen in screen] of the race in the upper corner of the TV. Is this something new, or was this going on last year too? :noidea:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Daytona 500 is rolling! :car: Something strange that I've never noticed before. Even during the commercials, there's a inset [screen in screen] of the race in the upper corner of the TV. Is this something new, or was this going on last year too? :noidea:
That's a copy of "side by side" commercial/race that they do in INDY car, and some other forms of racing.
Nothing new, but they only did it for the beginning of the race.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the race went pretty much as expected .... thick packs, very little passing until the last few laps .... my girl did well until 15 laps from the end when Biffle sent the 10 car out of control into the grass .... link

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the people that crashed today, took themselves out.
This new aero package makes it that if you get a little out of shape, you're gone.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They should reverse the screens,- in Football (we call soccer) they run the ads in the corner, and the game on the full screen
I don't follow racing, I did see an article on the rehabilitation of the Daytona Speedway- new seats, elevators, large screens, and sky-boxes !!! (interesting note- it's family owned)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They should reverse the screens,- in Football (we call soccer) they run the ads in the corner, and the game on the full screen
I don't follow racing, I did see an article on the rehabilitation of the Daytona Speedway- new seats, elevators, large screens, and sky-boxes !!! (interesting note- it's family owned)
Yes, it looks great; and they tore down that big ugly pagoda they had in the infield by the Start Finish line. They had built it to attract F1; which didn't work out. I hope they have elevators to get to the top of the bleachers, they are really tall.

Top Bottom