• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

bandito2

Reaction score
3rd Quarter ........ in 2015?...... PFFFT!!! That is NO WAY to run a business. Really, how long has this wait been going on? Really, I'd like to know. People are pissed it's taking so long already. More importantly, WHY the delay? What is the lame excuse? I will remember this message and see if production indeed does start in late 2015. Disappointing.
And then it will not surprise me to see it delayed once again when that 3rd Quarter in 2015 rolls around judging by the continuing push back of production start times so far. I'd love to see them make a liar out of me...... but I'm not holding my breath on that.

CRPerryJr

Reaction score
May 16, 2014

To our Elio Supporters:
Consumer demand for the Elio has accelerated dramatically during the first five months of 2014. Reservations have increased 170 percent since the beginning of the year, and continue at an impressive pace.
It is gratifying to see the public enthusiasm for a vehicle that will achieve 84 mpg on the highway and cost $6,800. Our nation needs the Elio, as evidenced by the thousands of potential drivers who are lining up at events across the country just to sit in the vehicle.
The Elio is a transportation bridge to the future, and we intend to produce the vehicle in a state-of-the-art plant. We have assessed the equipment needs of our plant in Shreveport, La., and expect to be prepared for production in the third quarter of 2015. This is a few months later than anticipated, with the delay tied to the evaluation of the plant as well as the timely closing of financing commitments. We are moving forward, and are excited about the progress we expect throughout the rest of 2014 and early 2015.
As I tour the country and see the reaction to the Elio, what is perhaps most impressive is the passion you, the Elio fans, have for our new vehicle. Your support for our vision and the Elio is invaluable to our ability to produce a vehicle that will be the talk of the town, create American jobs, help bring back manufacturing in our country, cut energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and protect the environment.
Look for more updates from me as Elio Motors’ momentum continues to build in the coming months.
Paul

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View this email in your browser
logo.2.png
May 16, 2014

To our Elio Supporters:

Consumer demand for the Elio has accelerated dramatically during the first five months of 2014. Reservations have increased 170 percent since the beginning of the year, and continue at an impressive pace.

It is gratifying to see the public enthusiasm for a vehicle that will achieve 84 mpg on the highway and cost $6,800. Our nation needs the Elio, as evidenced by the thousands of potential drivers who are lining up at events across the country just to sit in the vehicle.

The Elio is a transportation bridge to the future, and we intend to produce the vehicle in a state-of-the-art plant. We have assessed the equipment needs of our plant in Shreveport, La., and expect to be prepared for production in the third quarter of 2015. This is a few months later than anticipated, with the delay tied to the evaluation of the plant as well as the timely closing of financing commitments. We are moving forward, and are excited about the progress we expect throughout the rest of 2014 and early 2015.

As I tour the country and see the reaction to the Elio, what is perhaps most impressive is the passion you, the Elio fans, have for our new vehicle. Your support for our vision and the Elio is invaluable to our ability to produce a vehicle that will be the talk of the town, create American jobs, help bring back manufacturing in our country, cut energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and protect the environment.

Look for more updates from me as Elio Motors’ momentum continues to build in the coming months.

Paul

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
open.php?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=0d2e95dfd4&e=82ad6a83d3.gif

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
May 16, 2014

To our Elio Supporters:
Paul
I am an avid supporter of the Elio and am anxious to get mine. Hopefully, I'll live long enough and stay healthy enough to be able to enjoy it. Sure don't want to have to park it outside of the convalescent home.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mr. Elio has been doing this since 2008. I think 8 years is a bit more than some of the other manufactures time lines. He has been turned down by the federal governments energy programs and the city of Pontiac Michigan. His own estimate on each of the hand built prototypes is about $125,000. His financials have been criticized by almost every person who has seen them, he is under funded. He contracted with the germans to design the engine, the japanese to build the AMT transmission..
Remember the P4 is hand built and perfect in finish, we hope the P5's, (whenever we see one) and the off the line Elios will be really, really close to the protos in fit and finish. Time and time again his promises are broken for one reason or another, but the money keeps rolling in and the product PRICE has to be effected by the delays.
Now we get the news the first elio will be 15 months from now with luck and no more surprises. I am beginning to lose faith that EM will ever make the product without help from a name brand manufacture. I hate to think Mr. Elio will sell out to another manufacturer, but the current administration just isn't doing the job for some reason. I also thing another manufacture will beat elio motors to the punch and roll out a 3 person trike with more power, a little less miles per gallon and a passenger door on the curb side. The Koreans love this kind of stuff..!
I now ask a favor, find the phoenix elio office, take some pictures of it and see if it is a mail box or an real office.
and report back to all of us...we have to know!

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every 3 months production slides 12 weeks to the right.

I'm glad I only put $100 in.

I'm interested in the story, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for the Elio. When the time comes, I'll be buying a new car. If the Elio isn't on the market yet, I won't be waiting.

Top Bottom