• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/24/14 - Usa Today (online) - Move Over Tesla, The Elio Is Here

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not care for the headline (the Elio is NOT HERE YET!), but it was a good, information dense clip that addressed lots of important questions that people new to Elio would have.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you listen to the end of this interview with Jerome, where he explains the "all in" process, the way he explains it, you are losing half of your all in money. He said if you put in $1000, they will take $500 off the price of the elio. We know better, but if I were listening to this for the first time, I would think that it was costing me $500 to reserve a spot in line, instead of gaining an additional $500. Watch it again and tell me if it's just me.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'M ALL IN
50% Bonus* - Limited Edition T-Shirt - Bumper Sticker - Non-Refundable

* " We’ll also add a bonus of $500 to your $1,000, for a total of $1,500 to apply to the purchase of your Elio". Plus, you will receive a limited edition Elio T-Shirt and bumper sticker."

This is from the Elio Motors website and clearly states the gain of $500.:)

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My point was, what if you saw the USA video before you went to the website? I did say "we know better". I was referring to someone watching that video for the first time who had never been to Elio Motors website.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. The video makes it sound like you pay $1,000 now to reserve it but only get $500 off. Sure, he says 50% return on investment but not everyone understands that or actually hear that and make the connection. We all know better as we've been to the actual Elio site. He could have changed what he said to "100 all in now let's us use the money for now and when you pick up your Elio, we'll apply your $100 plus another 50% to the price of the Elio." Or something like that.

Top Bottom