• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

740il

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I drove a BMW 740iL to work this morning and, just for grins, looked up the specs. It has over 2" less headroom and almost 1" less leg room for the driver than the Elio. The 740iL does have about 11" longer wheelbase and it sure rides smooth! MPG sucks but it shore do ride smooth! :)

Last edited:

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I checked & it looks like, in 2001, the MSRP was about 9.6 Elios. What I found surprising, is that now, with less than 80k miles on it, it's only worth about 1.3 Elios!

A loss of 8.3E in just 12 years. Ouch!

I like the idea of using Elios as a unit of measurement

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drove a BMW 740iL to work this morning and, just for grins, looked up the specs. It has over 2" less headroom and almost 1" less leg room for the driver that the Elio. The 740iL does have about 11" longer wheelbase and it sure rides smooth! MPG sucks but it shore do ride smooth! :)

Yes, but you looked at the specs for the wrong seat, the iLs are meant for you to ride in the back while your driver is up front.;) There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss my e38. Those things are true highway flyers, expensive to maintain but worth every penny.

Not mine(it's FMU's shop car), but it's the 7 that finally got me into them after one crazy night in 'vegas. . .

gw.jpe

pbmw-cover.jpg

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but you looked at the specs for the wrong seat, the iLs are meant for you to ride in the back while your driver is up front.;) There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss my e38. Those things are true highway flyers, expensive to maintain but worth every penny.

Agreed. I still have major seller's remorse after selling my '02 540iA sport to buy a '97 850Ci. I have minor seller's remorse for trading off the 850Ci last summer. An E38 sport is still on my bucket list.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I checked & it looks like, in 2001, the MSRP was about 9.6 Elios. What I found surprising, is that now, with less than 80k miles on it, it's only worth about 1.3 Elios!

A loss of 8.3E in just 12 years. Ouch!

Now that is funny..but true, My BMW K1200LTE bike is worth way less than a Honda Goldwing of the same year, and it is actually a better optioned and riding bike. And it gets far better gas mileage.

Top Bottom