• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg At What Speed

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also remember (sorta) reading somewhere that it was at 65MPH. I suspect it will be based on the EPA auto rating as well. If that is the case I should see and actual 84. I looked up the rated milage on my current rides and I get above or within 1 MPG of the rated on 5 different cars and trucks with 4 different drivers(Son,Daughter,Wifey and myself). Measured over many tanks of gas, and got better than that before the "whisky"gas became the norm. I justified my decision on 75mpg , so 84 would be icing, I like icing....and pie too :)

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every vehicle has that certain sweet spot where it's most efficient. My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab, long bed, 5.9L gas
gets it's best mileage and is happiest at 70+mph, go figure. My wife's 97 Dodge 2500 high top conversion likes 65 or thereabouts.
I've taken to running a bit of "Sta-bil" in each tank to help ward off the "Whisky Gas" meanies.
We check our mileage every time we go to see family in Florida, 6 to 8 times a year. I75 is our test track, we prefer to travel in the wee
hours, so we can run consistent speed for most of it. North Georgia to West Florida is no picnic any other time of day and I think the
temperature has a bit to do with the results.

Top Bottom