• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

9/6/2014 - Gas2: Paul Elio’s Trike Will Baby – Will That Make A Difference

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Short piece which happens to explain how the baby seat picture ended up in the Elio Motors blog last week.

http://gas2.org/2014/09/06/paul-elios-trike-will-baby/

By the way from the comments at the bottom it would appear that after being invited to the Town Hall, and also some one on one conversation time with Paul Elio, Jo Borrás is no longer completely skeptical about Elio Motors even if he is not exactly an Elio supporter either.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the quote below was taken from this link http://gas2.org/2014/05/23/elio-motors-predicts-delays-3-wheeler/ ....

"This delay is the latest in a series of delays for Elio Motors, which had originally hoped to have three-wheelers built in Pontiac, Michigan in the hands of customers and on the road by 2012.

“Starting a new vehicle company is not cheap,” said Elio. “We have a tremendous amount of momentum and it’s going very well for us,” he continued. It’s hard to say, however, how much of that is PR-speak in the face of what is (optimistically) a $145 million chasm standing between where Elio is at and where Elio needs to be.

As of now, Elio says he’ll hire about 800 workers in June of 2015 to begin production sometime in September. That assumes, of course, that he’s able to raise the $145 million he needs “to get started”. "

many folks here have been around since very early in the evolution of the Elio .... as a person who has only recently become interested in ordering one, I find myself to be a bit concerned

Jim

BriansElio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
the quote below was taken from this link http://gas2.org/2014/05/23/elio-motors-predicts-delays-3-wheeler/ ....

"This delay is the latest in a series of delays for Elio Motors, which had originally hoped to have three-wheelers built in Pontiac, Michigan in the hands of customers and on the road by 2012.

“Starting a new vehicle company is not cheap,” said Elio. “We have a tremendous amount of momentum and it’s going very well for us,” he continued. It’s hard to say, however, how much of that is PR-speak in the face of what is (optimistically) a $145 million chasm standing between where Elio is at and where Elio needs to be.

As of now, Elio says he’ll hire about 800 workers in June of 2015 to begin production sometime in September. That assumes, of course, that he’s able to raise the $145 million he needs “to get started”. "

many folks here have been around since very early in the evolution of the Elio .... as a person who has only recently become interested in ordering one, I find myself to be a bit concerned

Jim

Am I reading that particular article correctly? It mentions 15,0000 reservations, that's not really close any more - might make a story out of different reservation amounts and the total there of. It also mentions a $145 million gap. Would this be covered by the $180-200 million Government loan? ...or is this in addition to the Government loan?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be real concerned with the numbers at this point. $6800 and 84 mpg are goals. The Elio team is close to meeting both goals but not quite there yet. If your goals are easy to achieve what is the point of having goals. Hopefully some of the components, materials and processes will come in at a lower price when the time comes.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Short piece which happens to explain how the baby seat picture ended up in the Elio Motors blog last week.

http://gas2.org/2014/09/06/paul-elios-trike-will-baby/

By the way from the comments at the bottom it would appear that after being invited to the Town Hall, and also some one on one conversation time with Paul Elio, Jo Borrás is no longer completely skeptical about Elio Motors even if he is not exactly an Elio supporter either.
Amazing. Good for Paul Elio! I love that man. After all, his company did design car seats didn't they? Thanks for posting that. :-) Z

Stugotz

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good write up - note the 7300 base price. heard it discussed, but never 'officially' like that.
So for the 1k all in crowd (me) does this mean we may actually get the Elio for $6800 with the 50% discount? I think that recent improvements or standard safety features like antilock brakes and traction control probably account for the base price being raised to $7300 for "late arrivals".
I hope we don't see more increases before release.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So for the 1k all in crowd (me) does this mean we may actually get the Elio for $6800 with the 50% discount? I think that recent improvements or standard safety features like antilock brakes and traction control probably account for the base price being raised to $7300 for "late arrivals".
I hope we don't see more increases before release.
Those safety features were in the original plan and were included in the $6800. :-) Z

Top Bottom