• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Little More Real Today

Thundertub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Today I received my ELIO T-shirt, bumper sticker, and a standardized welcome form. After lurking here for years, I finally signed in at the $100 level a couple months ago, so I guess I am not totally "ALL IN" yet, but enough for now. Getting the T-shirt makes me feel like I am part of something now. I will probably up my commitment in a few more months.

I hope you will forgive my skittishness. I suffered through more than four years of the APTERA episode, being all in there, and then being very disappointed with the outcome. I think Jay Leno is probably the only person outside that group to get one. I have strong hopes that the ELIO will come through.

My interest in cars like this began decades ago with Messerschmitts. I see the ELIO as the modern interpretation of that vehicle, and that is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I received my ELIO T-shirt, bumper sticker, and a standardized welcome form. After lurking here for years, I finally signed in at the $100 level a couple months ago, so I guess I am not totally "ALL IN" yet, but enough for now. Getting the T-shirt makes me feel like I am part of something now. I will probably up my commitment in a few more months.

I hope you will forgive my skittishness. I suffered through more than four years of the APTERA episode, being all in there, and then being very disappointed with the outcome. I think Jay Leno is probably the only person outside that group to get one. I have strong hopes that the ELIO will come through.

My interest in cars like this began decades ago with Messerschmitts. I see the ELIO as the modern interpretation of that vehicle, I that is not a bad thing.
Well, welcome to the ElioOwner's forum. I also signed up at $100. Eventually, I decided to help support Paul in his quest to build a car company. Of course, I want an Elio but I wanted, first and foremost, to support someone who I think is doing something that could turn out to be a great thing. That's why I went all in. Everyone has a different story and that's one of the great thing about this forum as you probably already know. Again, welcome to the forum.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Thundertub.

As you will be reading. Many started at $100 then updated and many finally went all in at $1,000

I am from Canada and realize that I will not see my Eilio for at least a year or two until after the Elios are made available to all Americans first but I love the concept so much that not only did I find a way to go All In for $1000.00 but also became an investor with 100 shares.

Hoping to double that by the end of Aug or this year.

You will know when the right time will be for you to go All In

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

My interest in cars like this began decades ago with Messerschmitts. I see the ELIO as the modern interpretation of that vehicle, and that is not a bad thing.

Welcome Thundertub! Congrats on your reservation.

Tell us some info if you are up to it, about what you remember when you first heard about Aptera, when you made a reservation with them, and the various stages they went through, what reasons you saw why they failed, how long were you hopeful and optimistic, did you get your $ back, etc.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Thundertub! Congrats on your reservation.

Tell us some info if you are up to it, about what you remember when you first heard about Aptera, when you made a reservation with them, and the various stages they went through, what reasons you saw why they failed, how long were you hopeful and optimistic, did you get your $ back, etc.

Oh, and pull your fingernails off with these rusty pliers, and dip your hands into this vat of salt while you're at it.:eek:

But seriously, don't feel obligated to dig up painful memories on our behalf, if you don't feel like it.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well Thundertub I followed the same path a couple years ago and until I see cars running down a production line I'm not investing any more .Besides it's not always best to be first in line .

Top Bottom