• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A New Car For Me ... (2015 Hyundai Accent Hatchback)

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hit 300,400 miles today and just decided it was time. Engine making noise bad when its cold, Clunking when im hitting bumps on the passenger side...I just felt it wasn't worth it for another year and still possibly not having an Elio.

I'm tired, older, and don't have the time it takes to keep something like that running anymore.

Found a 2015 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for just $9700 sticker price with only 9K miles on it. The dealer about had a heart attack and was trying to verify the price was true.

But I got it...Silver 4DR with 6spd automatic. Rides nice and super smooth.

I'll be saving my $100 all-in for down the road.

And hanging onto my stocks for dear life

Indiana Dave

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I hit 300,400 miles today and just decided it was time. Engine making noise bad when its cold, Clunking when im hitting bumps on the passenger side...I just felt it wasn't worth it for another year and still possibly not having an Elio.

I'm tired, older, and don't have the time it takes to keep something like that running anymore.

Found a 2015 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for just $9700 sticker price with only 9K miles on it. The dealer about had a heart attack and was trying to verify the price was true.

But I got it...Silver 4DR with 6spd automatic. Rides nice and super smooth.

I'll be saving my $100 all-in for down the road.

And hanging onto my stocks for dear life

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grats! Sounds very familiar. I had a silver 4 door 2006 Kia Rio (the Accent's under-the-skin-twin) and had a blast with that car. Reliable, easy to drive, and surprisingly fun to drive. I traded it in a few years later for a sportier MINI Cooper S, which ended up being a mechanical mess. If I had not gone for the MINI, I bet the Rio would still be with me and running like a top.

Enjoy the new ride!

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a favorite Grandson that was a live in .We we're blessed with paying for his college education .He's working hard and staying out of trouble so I guess it's worth it .Anyway he drove a Toyota until the frame broke from rust at about 240,000 miles .Went down and bought a new Ford Fiesta with no options ,manual trans ,AM radio and duel seat belts .$12,420 with every discount I could invent (tax nic).Anyway I explained that if he takes good care he can get 20 years out of it and give to his kids .
Cars are a terrible waste of money

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grats! Sounds very familiar. I had a silver 4 door 2006 Kia Rio (the Accent's under-the-skin-twin) and had a blast with that car. Reliable, easy to drive, and surprisingly fun to drive. I traded it in a few years later for a sportier MINI Cooper S, which ended up being a mechanical mess. If I had not gone for the MINI, I bet the Rio would still be with me and running like a top.

Enjoy the new ride!

Oh a Mini Cooper S you say ? Have one that I fought to have the timing chain replaced becuase i heard the death rattle two weeks after it was bought. Drinks a ton of oil...i've talked about it on here.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh a Mini Cooper S you say ? Have one that I fought to have the timing chain replaced becuase i heard the death rattle two weeks after it was bought. Drinks a ton of oil...i've talked about it on here.

Yup, I bought mine with one year left on the warranty and had the death rattle taken care of during that year. But she was in the shop four times that year for pretty big repairs and pretty low mileage, so after the year was up I traded her in. The MINI was a ton of fun, but more of a maintenance headache than I wanted to take on at the time. I would love to have a JCW MINI Cooper in the garage at some point when money and time are less of an issue. Maybe buy it with my Elio stock? :D

Top Bottom