• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aaa Roadside Charging

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea, I wonder how it's been working for them, and if they have added enough of these "charge trucks" across the country?
The article is 5 years old.
The first commenter did bring up a good point; why give someone a 10 mile charge when it would be just as easy to tow them 10 miles down the road?
It would probably take the same amount of time too.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about it being just as easy or taking as much time as a complete hook, tow and drop.
Some of the public fast charge stations out there can now do 80 miles in a half hour.
So I'm thinking that it's possible for one of these units to give you 10 miles in 5 minutes.

"Nonetheless, the rapidly expanding network of public quick chargers...
which commonly add about 50 or 60 miles of range in around 20 minutes...
makes electric cars even more convenient and functional."

http://www.plugincars.com/electric-car-quick-charging-guide.html

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first commenter did bring up a good point; why give someone a 10 mile charge when it would be just as easy to tow them 10 miles down the road?
Any yahoo with a driver's license can drive a "charge truck". Tow trucks take special training and probably a special license, plus insurance and liability for the tow.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Any yahoo with a driver's license can drive a "charge truck". Tow trucks take special training and probably a special license, plus insurance and liability for the tow.
Hmm some of the tow operators I know didn't quite have formal training; they went out with another operator for a couple of weeks to learn the how to's
then assigned a truck and sent out on their own. This were usually smaller "impound" trucks and not the triple A approved or City drivers.
They operate in that Grey area known as repo's

Top Bottom