• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Adjustable Rear Suspension-a Must On Elio

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something nagged at me for a while now about the Elio and just dawn on me what it is yesterday. I was out motorcycle riding with my group and one member met his girlfriend at the diner, before we start the ride he adjusted his rear suspension for two up riding. if he hadn't, the bike would not have been safe to ride. The light bulb went on in my head. At around 1,200lbs and evenly distributed on 3 wheels, the 400lbs empty weight on the rear wheel of the Elio are no more then the weight distributed on the rear wheel of most touring motorcycle. Yet when the Elio is fully loaded, you can easily double the weight on the rear wheel to 800lbs (half of the drivers weight + most of the passenger weight + all of 8gal. gas). I think the difference between empty and fully loaded weight is too much for a none adjustable suspension setup. If Elio do not equip the autocycle with adjustable rear suspension it will be my first mod..

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I though I read that the Elio would have a stability control system. Wouldn't that be incorporated into it and take care of this issue???
Yes, a well designed stability control system with all the necessary sensors, computer, self adjusting shocks will totally take care this issue.

edit, I am not sure Elio is incorporating a complicated stability control system at such a low price point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom