• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Alternative Autopress Take On Sec Filing.

Yakatak

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Here is the Jalopnik article making a comparison between the SEC filing and Elio's public pitch for funding:

WARNING >>> The Japopnik website uses Not Safe for Work language and they publish a rotating flash add for other Japopnik articles on the left side of the page linked below! Some people may be offended by articles and/or language published/used used by Japopnik!

http://jalopnik.com/the-difference-betw ... 1744213503

Marketing "Double Speak" at its best or worse just depending...

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jalopnik sucks. They try too hard to be funny and just come off as @#$)(*. They don't even check their facts thoroughly as there as several statements in there that are just flat wrong.

By the way, they're owned by ClickbaitGawker Media to give some insight into why the quality is so poor.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw that article this morning. I wondered if anyone would mention it here. :)

While the author is obviously prejudiced against EM, he has a very valid point: People investing thousands of dollars, and potentially tens of thousands of dollars, need to be damn sure what they're doing with their money. It is unfortunate that he presents it in the most inflammatory and derogatory way he could find.

It is in Elio's best interest to drive enthusiasm around their product. This is no different than any other crowdfunding campaign. You have to be positive and present the benefits of your product. Enthusiasm and positivism from yourself and your existing fans/supporters is infectious. It drives further interest and enthusiasm. Only an idiot would lead off with all the potential negatives from the worst-case analysis.

A marketing campaign is designed to attract attention. It is there to get people interested enough to investigate further. Then before you invest, you are provided with the offering circular, which contains all of the worst-case, end of the world analysis. If you have any common sense, you will read it. You will investigate, and possibly seek other opinions. Do your research.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. This is the way every investment offering looks at this stage. Startup companies should be spending every penny they can collect on product development and advertizing to give themselves the best chance to gain enough investor interest to eventually get into production. Yes, it's a high risk investment at this stage, but the potential return is even higher.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, Jalopnik one of those haters magazines. They aren't exclusive to Elio on that. I don't now how many Elio-Nay-Say types like and read Jalopnik, but I know there are at least 47k, and maybe double that who dislike and try to -not- read Jalopnik. Like John Stewart would say, something like "A dick is just a dick."

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OIC !!, that makes a lot of sense. I did a search on 'I hate Jalopnik'. Look at the link below at the bottom...I really didn't know this, maybe you all did.

Jalopnik, hates on ALL economy car technology. I gather that from a efficiency car view, and from a utility use of cars viewpoint, you aren't nothing unless Jalopnik does hate on you. Same for GasOrg2, they only like high-power sport EV's. Everyone else should shut-down and be killed according to them.
Definitely not polite society people, they are promoting their fun toy view as an advocacy and model for how ALL vehicles should be. Pretty narrow view.
(Link: I hate Jalopnik)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Jalopnik isn't just trying to emulate The Onion?
This story reads just like something you would see in The Onion <make sure to read the Onion's 2015 year in review>

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, Jalopnik one of those haters magazines. They aren't exclusive to Elio on that. I don't now how many Elio-Nay-Say types like and read Jalopnik, but I know there are at least 47k, and maybe double that who dislike and try to -not- read Jalopnik. Like John Stewart would say, something like "A dick is just a dick."

Reverse psychology DOES work!

I read me some Jalopnik on a semi-regular basis, and it was one of their articles that 1st aquainted me with the Elio back in late August, early September 2015. Whatever they wrote, it intrigued me enough to investigate EM more on my own. I had never even heard a whisper of this project before that time.

Within a few short days, I became an Elio believer! I have not done the "All In" as I believe production rates wouldn't entail me that much earlier of a production slot. I will be more than happy with my non "All In" contribution and let the TRUE believers be the test articles.

I am soooo looking forward to cruising around in the Elio, crazy dashboard or not.

So, thanks to Jalopnik, EM has another customer wanting in!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Reverse psychology DOES work!

I read me some Jalopnik on a semi-regular basis, and it was one of their articles that 1st aquainted me with the Elio back in late August, early September 2015. Whatever they wrote, it intrigued me enough to investigate EM more on my own. I had never even heard a whisper of this project before that time.

Within a few short days, I became an Elio believer! I have not done the "All In" as I believe production rates wouldn't entail me that much earlier of a production slot. I will be more than happy with my non "All In" contribution and let the TRUE believers be the test articles.

I am soooo looking forward to cruising around in the Elio, crazy dashboard or not.

So, thanks to Jalopnik, EM has another customer wanting in!
What will hurt is when you'll see others driving around, and you'll be chomping at the bit :becky: wanting yours. :thumb:

Top Bottom