• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Announcements Post Suppliers Summit August 2015

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A supplier summit is planned Aug. 13-14 in Detroit.
You would think Detroit would be a little anti-Elio since final assembly happens in another state. But most of the suppliers are in Detroit and all across the US.

So the current issue is what will be announced, if anything, after this summit. Here's the tickler source;

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2015/07/27/times-interviewing-paul-elio/30561561/

What we are hoping for ...
1) Description of the updated 'Funding Picture'. Frankly we want to know what's been enabled.
2) Accurate projection of the production schedule. Ok, will settle for a expectation and confidence level? Maybe, but we'll gripe about it.
3) Status of the P5 (, E1 or whatever ), expected completion etc.
4) Same as 3 for the E2-25
5) Status of engine testing and current specs.
6) Details about pilot production of engines, count, destination for use, etc.

anything else?

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would think Detroit would be a little anti-Elio since final assembly happens in another state. But most of the suppliers are in Detroit and all across the US.

So the current issue is what will be announced, if anything, after this summit. Here's the tickler source;

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2015/07/27/times-interviewing-paul-elio/30561561/

1) Description of the updated 'Funding Picture'. Frankly we want to know what's been enabled.
2) Accurate projection of the production schedule. Ok, will settle for a expectation and confidence level? Maybe, but we'll gripe about it.

anything else?
You might copy this list and send it to EM ... who knows, it might help get the info we want.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

anything else?

No offense, but I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You will get exactly as much or as little as Elio chooses to release and stuff like this post will lead people to believe it was promised to them.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit of
No offense, but I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You will get exactly as much or as little as Elio chooses to release and stuff like this post will lead people to believe it was promised to them.

I'm a risk taker on that emotional avenue. I figure if you don't ask, you may never know. The fail is as instructive as the success to me.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But, on the other hand,, EM has shown that they do read the questions, and at times have chosen to answer the ones they choose to. and it they call them the most asked questions, who are we to say they aren't.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit of

I'm a risk taker on that emotional avenue. I figure if you don't ask, you may never know. The fail is as instructive as the success to me.

Then ask the questions.
Not this "What we are hoping for" nonsense.
Something like ........ This is a list of questions we would like the answers to .........
Then you will either get the answers or you won't.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then ask the questions.
Not this "What we are hoping for" nonsense.
Something like ........ This is a list of questions we would like the answers to .........
Then you will either get the answers or you won't.
I was hoping to encourage more questions or a bit of grooming on mine. Any useful input you have besides the obvious prompting for something I already intend on doing?

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping to encourage more questions or a bit of grooming on mine. Any useful input you have besides the obvious prompting for something I already intend on doing?
Maybe you could ask if they have started a list of options (we can peruse) that we can purchase. I understand the prices might not be set to be released.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

One question in two parts..........
What is the current anticipated production start date and is there funding solidly in place to support that date?
That covers what we want to know.

Top Bottom