• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Year Gone By...has Anything Changed?

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was in early 2015 that I logged back onto this site after a long hiatus, to see how close Elio was to production. At that point things were delayed yet again and production was going nowhere fast, but t-shirt sales seemed brisk...:rolleyes:.

So my (Feb 2016) questions are: What's the current situation? Is there a production date yet? Have they started setting up the factory with honest to god tooling yet? Have they finalized the design...yet? Is this actually happening or just a pipe dream.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well....

• Elio Motors sold $17M worth of stock to non-qualified investors as part of a Regulation A+ crowdfunding campaign, and is now listed on the OTCQX stock exchange, publicly traded.
  • The funds are being used to build and test the 25 E-series models.
  • The frame and engine cradle designs have been finalized and sent to the fabricators so they can build those parts for the E-Series
  • They are still quoting 4th quarter 2016 as the start of production
  • AFAIK the factory is not yet being set up. The creation of the tooling is, I believe, part of the E-series build goals

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well....

• Elio Motors sold $17M worth of stock to non-qualified investors as part of a Regulation A+ crowdfunding campaign, and is now listed on the OTCQX stock exchange, publicly traded.
  • The funds are being used to build and test the 25 E-series models.
  • The frame and engine cradle designs have been finalized and sent to the fabricators so they can build those parts for the E-Series
  • They are still quoting 4th quarter 2016 as the start of production
  • AFAIK the factory is not yet being set up. The creation of the tooling is, I believe, part of the E-series build goals
It can't be any clearer than that!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I'll check back in July to see if they start tooling up the factory.
You may not have to wait that long! Anticipation is definitely building up and EM is still moving FORWARD with the E-series build. Additional funding could just pour in after positive results from the tests which of course will lead to what we all been waiting for....production! Hang in there and check back soon!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may not have to wait that long! Anticipation is definitely building up and EM is still moving FORWARD with the E-series build. Additional funding could just pour in after positive results from the tests which of course will lead to what we all been waiting for....production! Hang in there and check back soon!
from your mouth to G_D's ear.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just in case you didn't get a copy:

New post on Elio Motors
blavatar.png

fed0b86aaa6e97ed744b459c32fde7fc?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.png

ICYMI – Big Week 2-26-16
by The Elio Team

[Broken External Image]

Happy Friday Elio’ers! Have you been able to keep up this week with what is happening in the world of Elio Motors? It’s not easy sometimes as things move fast and furious for both Elio and undoubtedly your lives as well. That is what we are here for, keeping you in the loop on all things Elio.

This week was another monumental step forward for Elio Motors as we are now officially publicly traded on the OTCQX Best Market. We are the first company to take the Regulation A+ program through to publicly traded stock on the open market. The stock trades under the symbol “Elio.” If you would like to check the stock price, here is one of many links to see the trading information.

[Broken External Image]

Yesterday we participated in a press conference at the OTC world headquarters. Our CEO Paul Elio spoke along with the President and CEO of OTC Markets Group R. Cromwell Coulson and Ron Bloom, CEO of StartEngine.com. We make progress every day but days like this are particularly special. If you were unable to watch it live yesterday, you can watch the entire press conference here on the Elio Motors YouTube page.

[Broken External Image]

We continue to gain traction in the national media with our progress, here are some of the articles from this week:

· Inc. magazine did a nice article on Elio Motors and the progress we have made with Regulation A+. Click here to be taken straight there.

· NBCnews.com also talks about Elio Motors in an article with Tesla and Faraday. Check it out here.

· New York Business Journal covered the press conference yesterday and produced this article about “starting a new trend on Wall Street” here.

· Crowdfund Insider writes about Elio Motors and “Regulation A+ is how Wall Street was meant to work

· Equities.com with “Why Elio Motors Going Public is a Success Story in More Ways Than One

The progress continues on every front every week!

Elio Preview Tour

February 26 – March 4 – No tour stop

Make sure you are watching the website... the tour is coming!

Thank you for your continued support.

The Elio Team | February 26, 2016 at 4:52 pm |

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I said I would check back in July....I assume they are available and I can take delivery now...right? (LOL)

I read they are hand building 25 units for crash testing. Any other testing?
I read they plan to build 100 units to give to someone for fleet vehicles...are these going to Roush for testing and improvements? Are these to be more hand-built units?

Is there a hard and fast production date yet? ( AND I do mean a real date, not yet another tentative date )
Are they to be made of steel instead of the plastic body panels? I thought I heard that in the video of the plant...maybe I heard it wrong
I saw video of the plant, but there was no actual tooling set up for the Elio...any big changes to that yet, or still basically as it was when GM left?
I see they want money from a fund that is specifically designed for MPG improvements, but has never given anyone any money...what if that fails?

Did they complete any tests on the new engine for fuel efficiency?

Any other important updates I missed?

Thanks for keeping me updated

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So I said I would check back in July....I assume they are available and I can take delivery now...right? (LOL)

I read they are hand building 25 units for crash testing. Any other testing?
I read they plan to build 100 units to give to someone for fleet vehicles...are these going to Roush for testing and improvements? Are these to be more hand-built units?

Is there a hard and fast production date yet? ( AND I do mean a real date, not yet another tentative date )
Are they to be made of steel instead of the plastic body panels? I thought I heard that in the video of the plant...maybe I heard it wrong
I saw video of the plant, but there was no actual tooling set up for the Elio...any big changes to that yet, or still basically as it was when GM left?
I see they want money from a fund that is specifically designed for MPG improvements, but has never given anyone any money...what if that fails?

Did they complete any tests on the new engine for fuel efficiency?

Any other important updates I missed?

Thanks for keeping me updated
The Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated with Elio Motors.
If you need answers to these questions I suggest you contact them directly.

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,