• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else In The San Diego Area?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My name is Mark. I live in Santee. I like the reverse trike idea especially with tandem seating. It is an idea who's time has come. I'm ready for something just like this. Very happy with the concept. I'm surprised one of the big players hasn't hit on this. Suzuki is probably watching. Anyway I'm glad someone has stepped up to the challenge. The mileage and price claims seem exaggerated, weather they are true or not, and probably hurting the overall effort. I'd rather see more believable figures promised there then if better then promised figures are met all the better. But overall I'm looking forward.
And perhaps you should do a little catching up on the current happenings at Elio Motors before posting statements as you did.
The search function here will take you to a number of articles and posts that can show you how close they really are.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it should have been 74MPG and $7400.00...Easier to accomplish.
It will get 75 MPG in order to meet the ATVM super efficient vehicle definition. I believe the last report was 81 MPG with the new motor in the P5 which is 400 lbs. overweight and which uses a heavier skin. They may actually exceed their target MPG.for highway milage.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My name is Mark. I live in Santee. I like the reverse trike idea especially with tandem seating. It is an idea who's time has come. I'm ready for something just like this. Very happy with the concept. I'm surprised one of the big players hasn't hit on this. Suzuki is probably watching. Anyway I'm glad someone has stepped up to the challenge. The mileage and price claims seem exaggerated, weather they are true or not, and probably hurting the overall effort. I'd rather see more believable figures promised there then if better then promised figures are met all the better. But overall I'm looking forward.
Mark, Welcome to the forum. Glad you are interested in the Elio and as you can tell those of us on the forum are avid Elio enthusiasts. The forum covers many topics and aspects of the Elio and is a long history of its journey. You can find the answer to nearly any question you can think of. If not, just ask, and someone will jump in and try to answer it. Enjoy the journey with us.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will get 75 MPG in order to meet the ATVM super efficient vehicle definition. I believe the last report was 81 MPG with the new motor in the P5 which is 400 lbs. overweight and which uses a heavier skin. They may actually exceed their target MPG.for highway milage.
Last reported quote from an Elio Exec was 83mpg

Top Bottom