• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Notice?

chubz

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elio Motors now states it can produce 250,000 vehicles per year in the new plant.

I am sure the plant is capable, but I would think with only hiring 1,500 employees it would be a much smaller number than that.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors now states it can produce 250,000 vehicles per year in the new plant.

I am sure the plant is capable, but I would think with only hiring 1,500 employees it would be a much smaller number than that.
Considering that Elio hasn't produced a single vehicle and hasn't even started any equipment in the factory I don't believe them..

Ray

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There have been some very insightful production posts by former industrial engineers on this forum. To sum up 250,00 p/day is possible if
the line is fully manned, shifted, etc. Start up numbers for the first year are all over the place. Suffice it to say they should be able to meet
their 2014 year end reservation commitment (pick a #40k perhaps?). Assuming they do actually begin production in the ist or 2nd qtr of 2015................. :)

Last edited:

chubz

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Considering that Elio hasn't produced a single vehicle and hasn't even started any equipment in the factory I don't believe them..

Ray
I wouldn't go that negative. Just stating 250k is a crazy high number. But all startups are going to be slow, are going to have issues and delays. Once they get rolling they will get better at the process an it will go a lot smoother.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score

1500 will be sometime near the end of year one. They have the room to grow

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There have been some very insightful production posts by former industrial engineers on this forum. To sum up 250,00 p/day is possible if
the line is fully manned, shifted, etc. Start up numbers for the first year are all over the place. Suffice it to say they should be able to meet
their 2014 year end reservation commitment (pick a #40k perhaps?). Assuming they do actually begin production in the ist or 2nd qtr of 2015................. :)

I believe it was Ty, who stated that he worked at that plant in the past, making S-10's pick up's and one truck would come off the production line every 53 seconds, using that as a guild, he stated that one Elio could come off the line at a rate of every 52 seconds or less... then when I asked Elio Team about production speed, they replied that... at first start up it will go slow, then at needed they would add more production lines using more and more of the plant as they build... I also believe is was stated somewhere, that at first start up, they were going to hire 800 employee to start, many of them who have worked in the plant before Elio took it over and they are the ones who will be making the first crush test Elio's in the fall of 2014 and when full production of P5/P6 goes full speed in 2015 they would hire the other 700 employees or more as needed...

Proud to be... a Elio owner... soon

KaziQaleph

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once people start seeing them on the street, there'll be a lot more interest. Plus they've been on major news networks promoting this car. You have to think how many people want this car but haven't reserved it because there's no production yet. They could go the way of the ps4 and not be able to keep up with the demand.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom