• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Appalachian American

wwright

Elio Fan
Reaction score
That is what I am. Nothing against the Northeastern states, but unlike my WV friends from the panhandles, I am nowhere near a northeasterner in the cultural sense. But like all of you across the great USA, I do like my toys, and like the rest of you that is why I plopped down my money for a new one.

Have a happy wait for the next year and hopefully we will meet on the WV Country Roads.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is what I am. Nothing against the Northeastern states, but unlike my WV friends from the panhandles, I am nowhere near a northeasterner in the cultural sense. But like all of you across the great USA, I do like my toys, and like the rest of you that is why I plopped down my money for a new one.

Have a happy wait for the next year and hopefully we will meet on the WV Country Roads.
I know very little about WV so you have intrigued me. What is the cultural difference between WV panhandles and Appalachian WV. :-) Z

wwright

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I know very little about WV so you have intrigued me. What is the cultural difference between WV panhandles and Appalachian WV. :) Z

Just from my perspective; our Northern panhandle lays between Pa and Ohio and the West Virginians tend to adopt those accents and cultures. Our Eastern panhandle lays in with Pa., Maryland, and Northern Va., and they too tend to adopt the traits of those states. The people from the panhandles just intermingle more with the other states.
When you move inward of the state the people are more reserved, very independent, and mostly a rural like accent, the further south you go in the State, the more prominent the drawl. In most of WV unless your are born in your community you will always be considered an outsider. In my case I was born here and to most, still consider me an outsider:D. Like who drives an Elio??
Like the song "Country Roads" says if your are away from WV, you are not home until you can go back.

In my case, I just feel a little more akin with our southern states than I do the more northern ones.
Again, just my opinion.

A long time ago I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Wash., I saw a little bit of your state and some of Wash., two very beautiful states. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride traveling those roads.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just from my perspective; our Northern panhandle lays between Pa and Ohio and the West Virginians tend to adopt those accents and cultures. Our Eastern panhandle lays in with Pa., Maryland, and Northern Va., and they too tend to adopt the traits of those states. The people from the panhandles just intermingle more with the other states.
When you move inward of the state the people are more reserved, very independent, and mostly a rural like accent, the further south you go in the State, the more prominent the drawl. In most of WV unless your are born in your community you will always be considered an outsider. In my case I was born here and to most, still consider me an outsider:D. Like who drives an Elio??
Like the song "Country Roads" says if your are away from WV, you are not home until you can go back.

In my case, I just feel a little more akin with our southern states than I do the more northern ones.
Again, just my opinion.

A long time ago I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Wash., I saw a little bit of your state and some of Wash., two very beautiful states. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride traveling those roads.
Thanks for the explanation. I have lived all over the country but have always favored the west. That is why I retired here. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Congratulations and welcome to the forum where you will find all the information available on the development and production of the Elio. Looking forward to your participation, comments, and opinions.

Top Bottom