• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apple Watch

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a polar heart rate monitor that does more than this watch for exercising and cost half the price. Plus I can wear it swimming. Smart watches just are not ready yet especially for $500.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked and it appears it needs both the watch and a separate chest band for monitoring heart rate. I have one of those bands but it feels like my chest is being crushed whenever I wear it, and the next size up is so loose that it falls off.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I checked and it appears it needs both the watch and a separate chest band for monitoring heart rate. I have one of those bands but it feels like my chest is being crushed whenever I wear it, and the next size up is so loose that it falls off.

My polar is very comfortable and is adjustable over a wide range. I have worn it for cycling events that lasted for over 15hrs without any problems. Plus the watch lasts for years on a battery.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apple is a very innovative company for sure but I think they jumped the shark on this one . I see less and less men wearing watches at all .
When a watch is worn , it is typically for style and not to know the time . Our phones do a great job at keeping us updated to the second .
Sure, they will sell some to Apple fanatics but I don't think the watch will be as successful as their other products . $350 buys a great looking Swiss Invicta .

images25NPBV2K.jpg

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apple is a very innovative company for sure but I think they jumped the shark on this one . I see less and less men wearing watches at all .
When a watch is worn , it is typically for style and not to know the time . Our phones do a great job at keeping us updated to the second .
Sure, they will sell some to Apple fanatics but I don't think the watch will be as successful as their other products . $350 buys a great looking Swiss Invicta .

View attachment 5042

I have over 30 watches and wear them for telling the time and having style. I wear one everyday, it goes on right after I get out of the shower and get put away when I get in bed. I have watches worth more than the gold Apple watch down to Russian ones that I bought for less than $5. I love watches mechanical ones, even though I have a few that are electric. I enjoy the craftsmanship that goes into making them and the tic is comforting.
Smart watches like Apple's have none of these things that I love. It style is terrible it has no craftmanship it is most likely put together in the same sweatshops they use for making their phones.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is absurd, the top end Apple Watch Edition is $17,000 with another $500 for a steel band identical to that on my $30 Timex. This watch does nothing that the $350 Watch Sport version doesn't do, the tiny amount of 18k gold that you're paying $16,650 extra for at current gold value is about $50.

You can either buy this watch, or fund two and a half Elios, that is absurd.
Carried further, no one needs to purchase a high end (MB, BMW, Lexus, Infinity etc), they all do exactly what a base model Ford does get you from place to place, a timex is as accurate telling time as a Rolex That this particular item finds folks thinking "overkill", was the same process, as the need for a microwave oven, when a broiler/oven does the trick
From yesterday"s news, it appears that they are indeed breaking new ground, with features currently not on the market.
Touting them for monitoring healthy activities, would in the face of our current obesity epidemic , seem to severely limit the market. lol
Siri, talk to text, talk for GPS, special glass, new push and tap input, (all new innovations,will appeal to those high end earners/trust babies who can afford this luxury) and cars, homes, and all the other status symbols that our democracy allows and encourages.
My take, the gold will sell very well. and for others, as is the American way of life, they'll finance it
There are infinite examples of wants vs needs.
Personally, I don't understand people gambling on lotteries, total waste of money,with the odds of winning being CRAZY, yet folks do it every week, some thinking it's an investment for their future, and have developed plans for spending/saving their winnings- now that's bizarre !

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is absurd, the top end Apple Watch Edition is $17,000 with another $500 for a steel band identical to that on my $30 Timex. This watch does nothing that the $350 Watch Sport version doesn't do, the tiny amount of 18k gold that you're paying $16,650 extra for at current gold value is about $50.

You can either buy this watch, or fund two and a half Elios, that is absurd.
top end watch 10k

Top Bottom