• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arclatex Nbc Broadcast

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Thanks for this John.

Interesting tidbit toward the end there from Paul: "... as we speak, here in Detroit, there are engineers detailing out the parts, so we can begin manufacturing and start building the 25 engineering vehicles."

Any ideas on a date when Paul said that? Was during the Detroit show, but what's a guess on the date?

So whatever that date is, it sounds like they had not started on the E-series yet. Bummer. Disappointing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for this John.

Interesting tidbit toward the end there from Paul: "... as we speak, here in Detroit, there are engineers detailing out the parts, so we can begin manufacturing and start building the 25 engineering vehicles."

Any ideas on a date when Paul said that? Was during the Detroit show, but what's a guess on the date?

So whatever that date is, it sounds like they had not started on the E-series yet. Bummer. Disappointing.
Perhaps he should have said "start assembling" to clear it up a bit. Engineers COULD be detailing out the parts that they changed for the P5 while workers are building the parts that they already have specs on. It isn't like the mirror guys have to wait on the floorpan to be engineered before they build their 50 mirrors.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a former Shreveport/Bossier City dweller, it's "Arklatex" not "Arclatex"... and NBC not Nbc... :p

"Regulation A+ stock expected to inject over $25 million into the company"

How sad it is that we seem to have fallen short by more than $9 million when $41 million of expressed interest was generated. Only 64% of what should have been a reachable goal. I am happy we hit the $12 million mark at least.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does make you wonder what happened to the interest, was it all hype, sabotage, or folks pledging more than they were really able to in an effort to send a message to the government or who ever, that there is a lot of interest. If all the pledges had come in, that may have helped EM get to production a little sooner.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a former Shreveport/Bossier City dweller, it's "Arklatex" not "Arclatex"... and NBC not Nbc... :p

"Regulation A+ stock expected to inject over $25 million into the company"

How sad it is that we seem to have fallen short by more than $9 million when $41 million of expressed interest was generated. Only 64% of what should have been a reachable goal. I am happy we hit the $12 million mark at least.

Actually, it was more like $17 Million.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, it was more like $17 Million.

16... 17... what's a million dollars among friends? ;)

I think expressed interest might have been 43, but the difference doesn't change anything. Thats a lot of money to evaporate, but probably not uncommon when people aren't held accountable.

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Some of the short fall my have been from people who couldn't afford the $600 minimum to buy-in. I believe when the testing the waters phase opened the minimum pledge was $250. I thought that with a price that low it truly offered the little guy a chance to get in on the ground floor. I was certainly shocked when the $500 I had pledged wasn't enough to buy in. Luckily I was able to round up an extra $112 to purchase my 51 shares.

This most certainly doesn't account for being over 20 million short, however it could count for a million or 2. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom