• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Automotive Day Dreaming

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have the habit of looking at cars like I look at women. I want them so bad but cant get them. I was randomly searching for cars(that I cant get) and ran across a cheap Ferrari. Two words that don't go together I know. A Ferrari 348 not exactly a fast car by today's standards but still its a Ferrari. And as such has that certain Italian pedigree that I have always wanted. I know even if I had the money for it. It would drain the life(money) out of me. What a dangerous and thrilling relationship it would be. My own personal Christine. Still nice to dream though. :(

3421_main_l.jpg

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The purchase price is only the beginning. A couple of friends with exotic cars often face annual required maintenance procedures that are in the $8-$10K range. That's an Elio with a LOT of options every year.

Its tempted me before. I could purchase it by liquidating a portion of my collection but I would have the issue you speak of to a certain degree. I known a few people who mange to keep up cars as such without too much $ but still its no joke when it comes to part prices when something does go wrong. Having my own garage I think I would take the initiative more seriously as I could fix it myself. I think I should just buy a Corvette Z06 maybe that will rid myself of such craziness.

Ferrari's are the reason I became a car guy.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have the habit of looking at cars like I look at women. I want them so bad but cant get them. I was randomly searching for cars(that I cant get) and ran across a cheap Ferrari. Two words that don't go together I know. A Ferrari 348 not exactly a fast car by today's standards but still its a Ferrari. And as such has that certain Italian pedigree that I have always wanted. I know even if I had the money for it. It would drain the life(money) out of me. What a dangerous and thrilling relationship it would be. My own personal Christine. Still nice to dream though. :(

3421_main_l.jpg
I can certainly relate to that fantasy because that is all it will ever be with me - a fantasy obsession.

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have the habit of looking at cars like I look at women. I want them so bad but cant get them.
I LOVE that! I had to laugh at the similarities between them as well, as the wrong choice with either one will drain you emotionally, financially, mentally, and physically!

I was randomly searching for cars(that I cant get) and ran across a cheap Ferrari. Two words that don't go together I know. A Ferrari 348 not exactly a fast car by today's standards but still its a Ferrari. And as such has that certain Italian pedigree that I have always wanted. I know even if I had the money for it. It would drain the life(money) out of me. What a dangerous and thrilling relationship it would be. My own personal Christine. Still nice to dream though. :(
I had the same dream back in `82 when I came across a Dino 246 GT for a few thousand (about the price of a new Pinto then). I did my darnedest to finagle a way to come up with the cash for it, but it was not to be for a young GI fresh out of Basic Training. I'm sure that it would've ruined me in more ways than one, but I still lust after that car (even knowing I couldn't afford to insure it and would be afraid to actually drive it on the streets now, knowing some idiot would destroy it while texting). :rolleyes:

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I LOVE that! I had to laugh at the similarities between them as well, as the wrong choice with either one will drain you emotionally, financially, mentally, and physically!

I had the same dream back in `82 when I came across a Dino 246 GT for a few thousand (about the price of a new Pinto then). I did my darnedest to finagle a way to come up with the cash for it, but it was not to be for a young GI fresh out of Basic Training. I'm sure that it would've ruined me in more ways than one, but I still lust after that car (even knowing I couldn't afford to insure it and would be afraid to actually drive it on the streets now, knowing some idiot would destroy it while texting). :rolleyes:

Dino's are very expensive now.

Top Bottom