• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Baby steps for autonomous

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Seeking Alpha:

Cruise on Thursday became the first company to secure a permit to charge for self-driving car rides in San Francisco, after it overcame objections by city officials......Cruise said it would launch paid services within the next couple of weeks using up to 30 driverless Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicles......Cars will be limited to a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour (48 km per hour), a geographic area that avoids downtown and the hours of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. They will not be allowed on highways or at times of heavy fog, precipitation or smoke.

Looks like GM would agree to anything to be first. No idea as to when they would be allowed to expand on the restrictions.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Seeking Alpha:

Cruise on Thursday became the first company to secure a permit to charge for self-driving car rides in San Francisco, after it overcame objections by city officials......Cruise said it would launch paid services within the next couple of weeks using up to 30 driverless Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicles......Cars will be limited to a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour (48 km per hour), a geographic area that avoids downtown and the hours of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. They will not be allowed on highways or at times of heavy fog, precipitation or smoke.

Looks like GM would agree to anything to be first. No idea as to when they would be allowed to expand on the restrictions.
I will never get caught riding on one of those "self-driving cars" even at 10mph.....don't get me wrong, I can trust the technology but not the people. It's human's unpredictability is the problem.....and to ERR IS HUMAN.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the time I have the opportunity to purchase a fully enclosed FUV, I’ll likely be to old to drive, but perhaps the Faction driverless option might have rolled out by that time, as an option to drive me to Happy Hours and Dr. Appointments. :)

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently TESLA is again being investigate by the government, because their self driving mode has run over and killed another motorcyclist. IIRC

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The autonomous driving technology could be safer than the average driver. Some owners don’t heed the manufacturer warnings when using the tech. It’s something that the NHTSA should look into to determine driver error or technology error. I recall a video of some guy napping behind the wheel of his vehicle as it was self driving on a busy highway……..not a manufacturer issue.

Top Bottom