• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Balloon Fiesta

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Took a weekend trip to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta to check out the Elio (P4) in a beautiful orange against the windy, stormy skies! Heard from all the reps there and come to the conclusion that the number one thing that is getting the Elio to production are all the new reservations...ATVM becoming just another avenue... increased interest from from other sources. With the way the New Mexico skies showed off the absolutely beautiful lines of the Elio, the only thing that stopped us from making a second reservation immediately was no cell connection, ...a bigger and much more stunning vehicle than we expected. The Elio booth was at the beginning of the vendor booths...the place was packed...so easy to access compared to most of the booths. We watched while we split a delicious steak filled taco for 8 bucks... tasty and satiating... people were constantly stopping to check the Elio out...I'm certain that these longer festivals are accelerating the process... seeing is believing...so go see the Elio!!!:drum:

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Took a weekend trip to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta to check out the Elio (P4) in a beautiful orange against the windy, stormy skies! Heard from all the reps there and come to the conclusion that the number one thing that is getting the Elio to production are all the new reservations...ATVM becoming just another avenue... increased interest from from other sources. With the way the New Mexico skies showed off the absolutely beautiful lines of the Elio, the only thing that stopped us from making a second reservation immediately was no cell connection, ...a bigger and much more stunning vehicle than we expected. The Elio booth was at the beginning of the vendor booths...the place was packed...so easy to access compared to most of the booths. We watched while we split a delicious steak filled taco for 8 bucks... tasty and satiating... people were constantly stopping to check the Elio out...I'm certain that these longer festivals are accelerating the process... seeing is believing...so go see the Elio!!!:drum:
The balloon Fiiesta is definitely a neat venue. I went in 2014 and it was great! I even arranged for a hot air balloon ride for my retirement. Everyone loved that. You'd be surprised at how unafraid you are while riding. We had three or so people afraid of heights who went but every person enjoyed it and had no fear. It truly was amazing how the fear of heights doesn't exist in a balloon. (I was one of them)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The balloon Fiiesta is definitely a neat venue. I went in 2014 and it was great! I even arranged for a hot air balloon ride for my retirement. Everyone loved that. You'd be surprised at how unafraid you are while riding. We had three or so people afraid of heights who went but every person enjoyed it and had no fear. It truly was amazing how the fear of heights doesn't exist in a balloon. (I was one of them)
Went in 2013 saw the Elio for the first time and made my first reservation as soon as I got home. Have been out of town every year since and have not been able to get back to ABQ for the Balloon Fiesta

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It is truly amazing; while in a balloon, you just are in the air, no feeling of acceleration, no wind, clouds are cold and damp, and skipping across a lake is wild; I've gone twice and can't wait to go again.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We decided to take our 17 week puppy chessie to see the evening balloon glow which subsequenly was cancelled due to the high winds.
Other points made by the representatives was that the production model is bigger than the P4. Bigger tire size too. Ample interior room for even 7 footers!
Seems like I remember hearing correctly that VC investors might soon be coming on board... impressed by surging reservations.
The energy we saw with the people checking out the Elio was apparent and contagious...think what the first 65,000 will do to the rest of the US and then North America and then the world.
They said that what comes after the 65,000 is undecided.
Heard about the Elio hug... performed barely...someone explain if needed!
Fireworks freaked out pup after... we were parked directly below where they were directed... loudest ever! Pup was under the seat! BTW...dogs not allowed.
A ten second view of the Geo Metro engine... understandably...P5 (red) is now with engineering... great signage for the IAV engine though...check out U tube... it's beautiful...visually and audibly...at least to this fuel efficiency extremist....
Definitely will be a dream to drive through out the solitude of the desert southwest!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom