• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bike Rack

Bluesparkle

Reaction score
Don't care if it is on top or on the back but the ability to add a bike rack would be fantastic. I believe a lot of Elio fans are fun loving adventurous sorts, many of them probably leading their lives in an active way that might include biking. Just hopeful...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like there will be a an aftermarket receiver hitch option so many bike racks currently on the market should adapt.
Hi Rickb, and welcome from a neighbor in Oregon. I do believe you are our first member from Idaho. This group is very diverse and from all over the country. We also have a terrific support staff. Enjoy your search of just about any subject concerning Elio as well as totally unrelated subjects, as we journey to Elio ownership. :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Rickb, and welcome from a neighbor in Oregon. I do believe you are our first member from Idaho. This group is very diverse and from all over the country. We also have a terrific support staff. Enjoy your search of just about any subject concerning Elio as well as totally unrelated subjects, as we journey to Elio ownership. :) Z
Z, Thanks for the warm welcome! Eliomania will spread throughout Idaho when they see my custom Elio hot rodding across the State. I've been an Elio fan and have watched it's development since the original Hello Elio announcement 4 or 5 years ago. Yes, it looks like a very diverse, enthusiastic, and fun fan base, hopefully we are all flying the road on schedule in our 2015 Elio's.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't care if it is on top or on the back but the ability to add a bike rack would be fantastic. I believe a lot of Elio fans are fun loving adventurous sorts, many of them probably leading their lives in an active way that might include biking. Just hopeful...
Top not likely. with the plastic body there's not a lot of strength there in less you start drilling in to the roll bars which wouldn't be a good idea.

Someone said they talked to someone from EM and they were told they were thinking about side rack on the non door side. Also not likely as it will be an invitation to an obstructed vision ticket everywhere you go.

We just don't know what's happening as far as a trailer hitch reviver. EM has been kinda' cryptic here saying something like there will be a way to attach a hitch. We need more info there. Certainly a simple carrier that mounts in a receiver is the way to go if they give us one. You'll have to keep it light though every pound you mount on that rack will be taking down-force off the front axle.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, Thanks for the warm welcome! Eliomania will spread throughout Idaho when they see my custom Elio hot rodding across the State. I've been an Elio fan and have watched it's development since the original Hello Elio announcement 4 or 5 years ago. Yes, it looks like a very diverse, enthusiastic, and fun fan base, hopefully we are all flying the road on schedule in our 2015 Elio's.
I only know of one other person from Idaho and he is on the EM facebook map - located in Driggs. I lived in McCammon and then Pocatello from 2003 until I retired here in 2009, and from age 2 to 11 in Kuna. The weather here is much more to my liking. LOL :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top not likely. with the plastic body there's not a lot of strength there in less you start drilling in to the roll bars which wouldn't be a good idea.

Someone said they talked to someone from EM and they were told they were thinking about side rack on the non door side. Also not likely as it will be an invitation to an obstructed vision ticket everywhere you go.

We just don't know what's happening as far as a trailer hitch reviver. EM has been kinda' cryptic here saying something like there will be a way to attach a hitch. We need more info there. Certainly a simple carrier that mounts in a receiver is the way to go if they give us one. You'll have to keep it light though every pound you mount on that rack will be taking down-force off the front axle.
I asked Elio about the receiver hitch very early on and they said on 3 different occasions the frame would be engineered to ready mount an aftermarket hitch so I have to believe it's so. Light hauling on a small receiver hitch cargo platform would be ideal for those quick trips to the big box stores or for that camping adventure or that bike rack.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only know of one other person from Idaho and he is on the EM facebook map - located in Driggs. I lived in McCammon and then Pocatello from 2003 until I retired here in 2009, and from age 2 to 11 in Kuna. The weather here is much more to my liking. LOL :) Z
I moved to Coeur d'Alene, ID from South Dakota in retirement 3 years ago to escape the brutal winters. The perfect 4 season climate here and beautiful scenery while cruising the long and winding mountain roads.

Reaction score

A roof-mounted cargo/bike rack would mount to the roll cage...roof gets pretty strong with all that steel...no drilling required, there are attachment points under the weatherstrip...

Top Bottom