• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Birmingham Elio Tour - Atlanta Area Caravan And Car Pool

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can we do some simple co-ordination to have a Georgia contingent at the upcoming Birmingham Elio Tour stop? At this moment, the actual location hasn't been announced, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Hey, we're from out of town!

I was thinking we could meet at the Cumberland Mall parking area for those in North Atlanta and parts north; it's at I-75 and I-275 on the northern perimeter of Atlanta. It's a two hour carpool drive from there. We could also have a group that links up further south. Those with Elio Motors or Elioowners shirts can wear them. Keep it simple - leave in A. M., eat at the Elio mall and enjoy.

For those who have never been to the Barber Motorsports Museum, it's also in Birmingham and excellent. However, it deserves a full day's viewing if you love motorcycles (or Lotus race cars, as they have a special collection of them).

Any reason we can't make this happen?

P. S. For those who like added complexity, or just don't want the good vibes to end, we could plan to have dinner with the Alabama Elioowners.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we do some simple co-ordination to have a Georgia contingent at the upcoming Birmingham Elio Tour stop? At this moment, the actual location hasn't been announced, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Hey, we're from out of town!

I was thinking we could meet at the Cumberland Mall parking area for those in North Atlanta and parts north; it's at I-75 and I-275 on the northern perimeter of Atlanta. It's a two hour carpool drive from there. We could also have a group that links up further south. Those with Elio Motors or Elioowners shirts can wear them. Keep it simple - leave in A. M., eat at the Elio mall and enjoy.

For those who have never been to the Barber Motorsports Museum, it's also in Birmingham and excellent. However, it deserves a full day's viewing if you love motorcycles (or Lotus race cars, as they have a special collection of them).

Any reason we can't make this happen?

P. S. For those who like added complexity, or just don't want the good vibes to end, we could plan to have dinner with the Alabama Elioowners.

The location is official now!

The Summit Mall
214 Summit Boulevard
Birmingham, AL

Fri - 10am-9pm
Sat - 10am-9pm
Sun - 12pm-6pm

I was planning on organizing just the sort of thing HHH commented on Saturday morning and Cumberland Mall works for me as a meet up location.

We likely need to meet up fairly early to ensure we have enough time to get over to Birmingham and eat some breakfast, maybe at Cracker Barrel near The Summit?, and still get to the Summit fairly early so we can catch the Elio team before the lines build up.

Luckily there should not be any traffic early on Saturday morning and we get an extra hour due to the time difference however we likely should meet up at about 7:30 AM in Atlanta to make sure we have time to make it over and eat breakfast before 10 AM local time in Birmingham.

We can invite those in Alabama to join us for breakfast when we arrive and dinner before we head back to Atlanta.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to get up as early as I can to be Birmingham by 10 am Friday. I'm taking Zelio's advice to beat the crowd. Howmydoing, Zelio?

Oh and thanks for the heads up, Goofy. I hope your bunch is aiming for Friday.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to get up as early as I can to be Birmingham by 10 am Friday. I'm taking Zelio's advice to beat the crowd. Howmydoing, Zelio?

Oh and thanks for the heads up, Goofy. I hope your bunch is aiming for Friday.

Unfortunately it appears that Saturday is the only day I have open as I have a meeting in Atlanta on Friday afternoon and a bike race in Atlanta on Sunday. Saturday likely works best for the group as a whole anyway as many people have to work on Friday.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately it appears that Saturday is the only day I have open as I have a meeting in Atlanta on Friday afternoon and a bike race in Atlanta on Sunday. Saturday likely works best for the group as a whole anyway as many people have to work on Friday.
If my plans change to Saturday then all the better but you must see you're the crowd I'm trying to miss. LOL

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If my plans change to Saturday then all the better but you must see you're the crowd I'm trying to miss. LOL

I am one of the lucky ones as I have already seen the P4 twice this year, including just this past weekend, so for me this is more about meeting more of my fellow future Elio owners and getting a chance to ask Jerome and his team some more questions. :)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are coming from Memphis, TN area and will be there on Fri! Yippee!!
Sad that Atlanta has tons more participants than Memphis. So I'm glad to see another clean face from Memphis. Google says 3 hrs and 55 minute to the Summit Mall. I'm old and like to sleep late. None the less I plan to leave Memphis by 6am. Hope to run into you there. Hope it helps to know we're all in too. Hope you are too.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The location is official now!

The Summit Mall
214 Summit Boulevard
Birmingham, AL

Fri - 10am-9pm
Sat - 10am-9pm
Sun - 12pm-6pm

I was planning on organizing just the sort of thing HHH commented on Saturday morning and Cumberland Mall works for me as a meet up location.

We likely need to meet up fairly early to ensure we have enough time to get over to Birmingham and eat some breakfast, maybe at Cracker Barrel near The Summit?, and still get to the Summit fairly early so we can catch the Elio team before the lines build up.

Luckily there should not be any traffic early on Saturday morning and we get an extra hour due to the time difference however we likely should meet up at about 7:30 AM in Atlanta to make sure we have time to make it over and eat breakfast before 10 AM local time in Birmingham.

We can invite those in Alabama to join us for breakfast when we arrive and dinner before we head back to Atlanta.
My original thought was to link up mid-morning to allow driving time for those distant from Atlanta, eat lunch at Summit Mall or nearby, and spend the afternoon with the car and others. But, understanding how the crowds grow huge, I can appreciate leaving Cumberland Mall at 7:30 A. M. on Saturday. My only concerns are that those further away may choose to come later on their own, and that, including dinner in Birmingham, this will be a very long day. But, I'm game! Let's nail this down and make it happen! Who else can join us at Cumberland Mall? With enough response, we could have multiple cars for those who need to return sooner.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
My original thought was to link up mid-morning to allow driving time for those distant from Atlanta, eat lunch at Summit Mall or nearby, and spend the afternoon with the car and others. But, understanding how the crowds grow huge, I can appreciate leaving Cumberland Mall at 7:30 A. M. on Saturday. My only concerns are that those further away may choose to come later on their own, and that, including dinner in Birmingham, this will be a very long day. But, I'm game! Let's nail this down and make it happen! Who else can join us at Cumberland Mall? With enough response, we could have multiple cars for those who need to return sooner.
I debated leaving later but after the air show I realized getting there before the crowds really gives us good time to chat with the Elio team before they get busy.

I was really thinking about a late lunch / early dinner maybe mid afternoon or so. This gives us several hours with the vehicle and the team but also allows the Atlanta area people to be on familiar roads before it gets dark out.

Top Bottom