• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

City Transformer, no competition

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So this 'City Transformer' vehicle could be competition for an EvElio, except, well, it can only go 56mph. And not for the BEX either, maybe for the future EVBEX? Not so far.

That top speed works in Europe and on surface streets in cities, but not so much anywhere else.
Still, in the future maybe a higher top speed of 80mph (130kph) and 6in wider extended reach, it would. Not likely they would ever do that. Not until well after (if ever) they have eye'd the US market with the current version limited to the city.

1632334643339.png

The tandem seating proposition of the City Transformer, however, does make the BEX and the Elio look more common, acceptable and mainstream. Although the Aarcimoto is doing a better job of that than most. (top speed: 75mph,160kph, range: 100mi,160km, but no option for roll up windows, yet )

1632334683400.png

PS, a whole section for the Bex-Build? Yeah! I like!

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wheelbase is too short and or it is too tall for high speeds. I remember my Jeep CJ-5 with lift kit, tall tires, and when I hit bumps on the highway I got a little airborne every once in a while. Go carts can go real fast but they are very low to the ground. the "City Transformer" might be good as a downtown rental to get around. Personally not interested in it. (But thanks for the post!)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So this 'City Transformer' vehicle could be competition for an EvElio, except, well, it can only go 56mph. And not for the BEX either, maybe for the future EVBEX? Not so far.

That top speed works in Europe and on surface streets in cities, but not so much anywhere else.
Still, in the future maybe a higher top speed of 80mph (130kph) and 6in wider extended reach, it would. Not likely they would ever do that. Not until well after (if ever) they have eye'd the US market with the current version limited to the city.

View attachment 25199

The tandem seating proposition of the City Transformer, however, does make the BEX and the Elio look more common, acceptable and mainstream. Although the Aarcimoto is doing a better job of that than most. (top speed: 75mph,160kph, range: 100mi,160km, but no option for roll up windows, yet )

View attachment 25200

View attachment 25199

View attachment 25200

Well, it's obvious that it's meant for "city" driving....hence the name "CITY TRANSFORMER" with lower speeds. :D Arcimoto is more in competition with the still upcoming SOLO with 100 range and slightly faster 80mph top speed...but only a single seat. Both of course will only do less than 100 mile in real world range as going below 15% capacity will reduce battery life....so is charging it to 100% all the time and not using it right away.....so I hear- please correct me if I'm wrong.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a fly car that is intriguing, although I would probably never be able to afford it.
You know, if a plane would just fold up into a trailer form-factor, that would likely work much better for people. i.e. cheaper and still fairly convenient.
You just rent a car or truck with a trailer hitch at the airport. Be a much better plane as well.

There are plenty that fold then fit on a trailer or into a truck, but not that are the trailer themselves. It would not need to go very far, just to the hotel or your destination, then park it, lock it, and use the car.

Can you imagine having a fender-bender with your aerocar? Better to drive a rental or your personal tow-car.
Although there has been one or two that the aircraft part detached to become the trailer. Which would still suffer from cost and accidents.

1632342310797.png
1632342733586.png
1632342887655.png
lol

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Both of course will only do less than 100 mile in real world range as going below 15% capacity will reduce battery life....so is charging it to 100% all the time and not using it right away.....so I hear-

Almost, EVs to be kept between 10% and 80% for best battery life, according to Tesla, so whatever the manufacturer says the range is, it's 70% of that on a daily basis, and 85% of that using it in the real World, and not driving like a Grandmother.

Top Bottom