• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Columbus Event 6-21

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I attended the Columbus event today and I had previously placed an order at the $500 level...well I looked it over, scratched my head a bit, and I got in the back and my 6'3" son got behind the wheel...then I sat up front, well I got out and looked it over some more and asked more questions.
Then I went and sat down near the crowd...pulled out my phone and upgraded to the ALL IN...
If you are at all leery, if you have not seen or touched or sat in one DO IT as soon as you can!!!
You will find plenty of room, visibility and comfort. The P3 model interior looks nothing like the P4 pics but you can see where when you get to see a P4, you will love it!
Obviously I'm sold, but after seeing, I don't need a sales pitch. I liked the way even the P3 is made so I have confidence the P4 will be even better and the P5 that is out there...I can't imagine the possibilities!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I attended the Columbus event today and I had previously placed an order at the $500 level...well I looked it over, scratched my head a bit, and I got in the back and my 6'3" son got behind the wheel...then I sat up front, well I got out and looked it over some more and asked more questions.
Then I went and sat down near the crowd...pulled out my phone and upgraded to the ALL IN...
If you are at all leery, if you have not seen or touched or sat in one DO IT as soon as you can!!!
You will find plenty of room, visibility and comfort. The P3 model interior looks nothing like the P4 pics but you can see where when you get to see a P4, you will love it!
Obviously I'm sold, but after seeing, I don't need a sales pitch. I liked the way even the P3 is made so I have confidence the P4 will be even better and the P5 that is out there...I can't imagine the possibilities!
Thanks for the wonderful report. LOL I am anticipating a similar response to my seeing the Elio on July 11 in Portland, OR. I can't wait! :-) Z

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Definitely go in with an open mind...the P3 looks very basic and unfinished inside, but putting together the pics of P4 in your mind when you get in will sell you in no time! That's why they call them prototypes!
I also love the idea that they are taking peoples comments, ideas and suggestions and listening to the customer...huh, what a novel concept. Haha

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new in here and not as knowledgeable as most. As one who uses the passenger seat as a place for handy storage of ready-access items (cell phone, snacks, wallet, etc.), I hope the designers find convenient places to store stuff. Also, I didn't see any arm rests on one of the prototypes, essential for reducing fatigue on long drives.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new in here and not as knowledgeable as most. As one who uses the passenger seat as a place for handy storage of ready-access items (cell phone, snacks, wallet, etc.), I hope the designers find convenient places to store stuff. Also, I didn't see any arm rests on one of the prototypes, essential for reducing fatigue on long drives.
An even better way for reducing fatigue on long drives is to stop and get out and walk. I have no idea what your age is because you have chosen not to include it, but this works very well for a little old lady of 72. I simply stop at every rest area even if it is to get out and walk around the car. As a result when I get to my destination I am not as tired as I might otherwise be but I can also still walk. Sitting for long hours is not healthy for anyone of any age as I well know from experience. I can't speak about the arm rests because I won't see the Elio until 7/11. However, I don't use the arm rests in my current car so I assume it will not be an issue for me. :-) Z

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An even better way for reducing fatigue on long drives is to stop and get out and walk. I have no idea what your age is because you have chosen not to include it, but this works very well for a little old lady of 72. I simply stop at every rest area even if it is to get out and walk around the car. As a result when I get to my destination I am not as tired as I might otherwise be but I can also still walk. Sitting for long hours is not healthy for anyone of any age as I well know from experience. I can't speak about the arm rests because I won't see the Elio until 7/11. However, I don't use the arm rests in my current car so I assume it will not be an issue for me. :) Z
Thanks for the constructive
An even better way for reducing fatigue on long drives is to stop and get out and walk. I have no idea what your age is because you have chosen not to include it, but this works very well for a little old lady of 72. I simply stop at every rest area even if it is to get out and walk around the car. As a result when I get to my destination I am not as tired as I might otherwise be but I can also still walk. Sitting for long hours is not healthy for anyone of any age as I well know from experience. I can't speak about the arm rests because I won't see the Elio until 7/11. However, I don't use the arm rests in my current car so I assume it will not be an issue for me. :) Z
Well, you only have a few years on me. I also like to hop out of the car at rest stops and take breaks as necessary. Still, almost all cars have armrests and I suppose it is for a reason. For me, it is to prop my arm for at least some of the time while cruising down the highway.

Top Bottom