• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Come'on Elio!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where can I get in Hawaii and who will service them?

This vehicle is the perfect match for our Island State!
If you read the Elio Motors website and the many posts here you will learn that only reservations are being taken at this time. The actual EM stores will most likely open after the first years reservations are delivered so that is 2016 or later. If you are truly only 13 y/o, it is unlikely you would qualify to buy one. I believe most states require you to be an adult for that kind of purchase. I believe the location for the planned EM store for Hawaii is Honolulu. I agree with you about it being the perfect vehicle for Hawaii. Your state had high gas prices back in the 1960s when I had roommates in college from there. I'm sure the prices have not improved much. There is a lot to learn here so I hope you enjoy the exploration of everything available. Don't hesitate to ask more questions. We are generally a friendly group. And by the way, welcome from Oregon, Shaka. It is nice to have you on board. :-) Z

Shaka

Reaction score
If you read the Elio Motors website and the many posts here you will learn that only reservations are being taken at this time. The actual EM stores will most likely open after the first years reservations are delivered so that is 2016 or later. If you are truly only 13 y/o, it is unlikely you would qualify to buy one. I believe most states require you to be an adult for that kind of purchase. I believe the location for the planned EM store for Hawaii is Honolulu. I agree with you about it being the perfect vehicle for Hawaii. Your state had high gas prices back in the 1960s when I had roommates in college from there. I'm sure the prices have not improved much. There is a lot to learn here so I hope you enjoy the exploration of everything available. Don't hesitate to ask more questions. We are generally a friendly group. And by the way, welcome from Oregon, Shaka. It is nice to have you on board. :) Z

LOL...touche...it wouldn't be wise to provide any more information than necessary in a public forum. I've already "said" too much and I'm a target of "tailored" advertisements already! Another attribute's been added to my profile on the Internet!

You don't expect profiles of your forum members to be accurate, do you? But I do have a legal driver's license and would love to own a couple of these vehicles.

Seriously, I understand the pre-order process, but how would the peeps in Hawaii take delivery of such a vehicle? Will a dealer be available and when is the first delivery be made? Honolulu would make sense given that the Island of Oahu contains 80% of the population in this State. What dealer/business? Will a dealer/service center be established before any delivery is made? I guess I could explore a bit more, but I'm a bit lazy and you seem more than responsive for my needs. I have the feeling a nice, fat "paradise" tax will be tacked onto the $6800 MSRP..but it's still cheaper than any hybrid on the market.

(FYI, Gas prices are above $4/GL for regular, mid-$4's for premium which is what some of my vehicles will need..thankfully, I do have a hybrid that I use as a daily commuter!)

Aloha!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL...touche...it wouldn't be wise to provide any more information than necessary in a public forum. I've already "said" too much and I'm a target of "tailored" advertisements already! Another attribute's been added to my profile on the Internet!

You don't expect profiles of your forum members to be accurate, do you? But I do have a legal driver's license and would love to own a couple of these vehicles.

Seriously, I understand the pre-order process, but how would the peeps in Hawaii take delivery of such a vehicle? Will a dealer be available and when is the first delivery be made? Honolulu would make sense given that the Island of Oahu contains 80% of the population in this State. What dealer/business? Will a dealer/service center be established before any delivery is made? I guess I could explore a bit more, but I'm a bit lazy and you seem more than responsive for my needs. I have the feeling a nice, fat "paradise" tax will be tacked onto the $6800 MSRP..but it's still cheaper than any hybrid on the market.

(FYI, Gas prices are above $4/GL for regular, mid-$4's for premium which is what some of my vehicles will need..thankfully, I do have a hybrid that I use as a daily commuter!)

Aloha!
Since I'm one of the people who is "what you see is what you get", yes I do generally expect them to be accurate. This is the closest I have ever been to a social media format so I am totally new to it, or at least I was on March 4. As you can see by my numbers, I am not the silent, sit by and let the world take care of itself type.

I don't know the details and there has been no effort so far to take the Elio to Hawaii for people to try it out as far as I know. I suspect that is basically because of the expense of getting it and the staff there for an event. Any tax will be because of Hawaii not because of the Elio. There will be a delivery fee that they are planning on spreading the same for everyone. In other words, those who live near Shreveport will pay the same as those like us who live a long way away. We have one person in Adak, Alaska and a couple of others from Alaska on this forum. Even in Oregon, I am considered far away by those who live in neighboring states. There will be no dealers at all. There will be Elio stores eventually and one is planned for Honolulu. They have an agreement with PepBoys for service and will arrange for training for other service centers in those states, including Oregon, who do not have PepBoys. Everyone will pay the same price for the Elio with the exception of the price for an automatic will be slightly higher than the standard - at least that is as it stands now. Originally they were going to be the same price but the original auto transmission was rejected so the final details are unknown at this time. There will be no dealer packages or markups. All staff will be salaried and trained by Elio. Once the first year's reservations have been fulfilled potential buyers will be able to come into the store, test drive an automatic and/or a standard Elio, all options will be individually priced and everyone who chooses a certain option will pay the same price. I guess that is enough for a starter Elio course. LOL There are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable people on this forum who are more than willing to answer questions. We have 2 posts from yesterday's Town Hall Meeting with Paul Elio and various forum members by invitation only. Those are very informative so I highly recommend you read them. I don't know how to find links so I suggest you use the search function to find them. I hope you enjoy this group as much as I do.

By the way last blatant lier claimed to be 113 and living in a nursing home. Come to think of it he kind of disappeared after his tall tales were found to be just that. LOL :-) Z

Shaka

Reaction score
Z, thanks for the info. So many unknowns ATM, that's keeping me from reserving my Elio.

I gotta admit, I love the concept and marketing of this vehicle - I'll wait and explore as more information becomes available.

(Paradise Tax: Dealers here add an "adjusted market value" to the MSRP of a vehicle based on demand. And everything just costs more, EVERYTHING. I can't recall ever being able to buy a new vehicle here at MSRP, even!)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, thanks for the info. So many unknowns ATM, that's keeping me from reserving my Elio.

I gotta admit, I love the concept and marketing of this vehicle - I'll wait and explore as more information becomes available.

(Paradise Tax: Dealers here add an "adjusted market value" to the MSRP of a vehicle based on demand. And everything just costs more, EVERYTHING. I can't recall ever being able to buy a new vehicle here at MSRP, even!)
That is why we have unofficially dubbed the Elio price - PEP - Paul Elio Price. Getting away from the MSRP and markup garbage is one of his goals. It is also one of the reasons I believe in him. I have always hated going to auto dealerships because I know for a fact I am going to be lied to and cheated. EM is promising us a new way of buying personal transportation. :-) Z

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I might suggest you make your reservation and also check with Matson shipping lines in Hawaii as to the cost of shipping from Los Angeles to you. Then you could fly to Shreveport and drive back to L.A. and load it on the ship and fly home to recieve it at the docks when it arrives, then to DMV for your lic. plate.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I might suggest you make your reservation and also check with Matson shipping lines in Hawaii as to the cost of shipping from Los Angeles to you. Then you could fly to Shreveport and drive back to L.A. and load it on the ship and fly home to receive it at the docks when it arrives, then to DMV for your lic. plate.

This is a great idea. Another possibility is to arrange to have the vehicle delivered Los Angeles. All it would take would be a round trip airline ticket to LA to take possession of the vehicle and then deliver it to the port for shipment to Hawaii. I use LA as an easy example as it is just as likely you could easily pickup your new Elio in any of the 60 initial markets and transport it to a west coast port for delivery to Hawaii.

Unfortunately we do not yet know the specifics for how exactly delivery will work for reservation holders. To my thinking it would make sense for Elio Motors to offer delivery to pre-determined locations in the 60 initial markets as part of the standardized destination charge. These standard delivery locations could even be Pep Boys locations where available. Elio Motors has also discussed the possibility of offering delivery directly to your home however this likely would be at extra cost.

Once Elio Motors begins retail sales the plan is for the standard destination charge will include delivery to one of the retail locations with home delivery available at an extra cost.

Top Bottom