• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Committed In Bakersfield, Ca

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
After weeks of getting caught up & researching everything I could find on the web regarding the Elio, I finally decided to pull the trigger & took the plunge late last week. It took so long because of 2 potential issues (in my eyes) -the EGR and the AMT. I was a diesel mechanic before my current job & I changed out A LOT of EGR coolers -so that worried me quite a bit. But those engines I worked on were all turbocharged diesels with EGR coolers, so I can definitely see the differences there. I'm hoping for different results on the NA, gas powered Elio. As for the transmission, I was originally going to get a MT, but I figure for resale purposes later on, an automatic will be easier to off load to someone else. Plus my mom doesn't drive stick & I know she will definitely want to take it for a spin. I don't have any experience with an AMT, but I'm sure Elio will want to get it right before their initial release. Regardless, I feel the time is right to get in now. Seems like a pretty good community here too. Looking forward to the experience!!

Last edited:

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm currently at $100 all in, with the commitment to buy. I'm still debating on going for the full 1k.

Yeah I don't know much about what kind of reputation EGR coolers have in the automotive world, but I figure I'll have 36k to find out (with the warranty to cover me). It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with EGR concerns, who is still looking forward to finding out first hand haha.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm currently at $100 all in, with the commitment to buy. I'm still debating on going for the full 1k.

Yeah I don't know much about what kind of reputation EGR coolers have in the automotive world, but I figure I'll have 36k to find out (with the warranty to cover me). It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with EGR concerns, who is still looking forward to finding out first hand haha.
You're in luck then, the Elio has just a EGR valve and no cooler; 3 cylinder 55hp doesn't need it. The tranny should be pretty solid, it is from Aisian.

I just wanted to send you a personal welcome to the Elio Owners Group, I'm Coss, one of the Moderators here and I'm from the Pacific NW (so just a little north of you) .... I hope you will choose to read and post often .... you will find we have a growing host of folks here who are knowledgeable and who enjoy exchanging info on line ... unfortunately, we occasionally have a member who proves to be a Troll …. as such they become confrontational, disrespectful and/or try to create controversy …. these negative traits are not in the best interest of our community and such persons most certainly face being removed from our membership …. our forum isn't heavily moderated but we do require that member's post be worded in a manner of mutual respect (PG-Rated) ... say what you wish but at all times be nice fore we consider our forum to be the Mayberry of the web …. in short, if you can’t say it to Aunt Bea, don’t say it .... we do not allow Politics and Religion comments they will be deleted …. you will no doubt find that in many of our threads folks are prone to wander a bit …. much like conversations among friends sitting around a campfire …..
So pull up a screen and make yourself at home.

(This is something JEBar wrote, I'm just trying it out, cuz you can tell it's not my normal crude self :becky: )

<Just Kidding>

Top Bottom