• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Configurations..............

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a place to put your config to show others.................

Can't decide on auto or manual yet.........knee says auto, but mind says manual :p

ai67.tinypic.com_vg4v47.png

ai63.tinypic.com_nebas5.png

And with my $1835 in bonuses, I'm still WAY under $10,000 :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Since the Elio is 80% to 90% off the shelf parts, I want to know what parts those are, and what they were intended for in the first place.
Like the door glass, was it supposed to be for a Camaro? If so, they for after market parts you can look for rain shades for a Camaro rather than an Elio.
This make sense to anyone else?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the Elio is 80% to 90% off the shelf parts, I want to know what parts those are, and what they were intended for in the first place.
Like the door glass, was it supposed to be for a Camaro? If so, they for after market parts you can look for rain shades for a Camaro rather than an Elio.
This make sense to anyone else?

Good idea but in this case I doubt if it will work. It's too bad because rain guards are something I want for my Elio. Compare the 2 pics and although they look similar the shape is slightly off. Main difference is the curve toward the back window.

as5.postimg.org_6o3l19g1j_Im_age2.jpg

as5.postimg.org_ya6clxzef_ventvisor_2pc_chevy_camaro.jpg

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had the same problem when looking for rain-guards for my G1. No one made them. I made a cardboard template of the upper door
arc on the G1, went to a Honda used car dealer and tried the template on various models on the lot. Found out that a "91"' civic was almost perfect. Bought a set for that model, modified slightly and they look original.
15 years later and there are still no original rain-guards made for the G1.

WE WILL OVERCOME.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom