• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Contact Senator Demsey To Support Sb 503

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
About an hour ago Joel Sheltrown, Elio Motors VP for Govenment Affairs (jsheltrown(AT)eliomotors.com) posted this message on Facebook for MO residents:

Just got off the phone with Senator Schaaf office MO. It would help if we would call Senator Demsey (Majority Leader of the Senate) and ask that SB 503 be put on the agenda. (573) 751-1141 email: Tom.Dempsey@senate.mo.gov I called and emailed both. Thanks!

Dennis Cray

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Just contacted Senator Silvey in Liberty Mo. Time for voting on agendas for automobiles is from Jan. to May. and must be voted on by May 16 .
They had not heard of the Elio and proposal SB 503 . They did go to the Elio web site while I was on the phone with them and we have got there interest. But time is against us for this year. Chances of this getting thru this year are slime to none But we need to keep pushing for early Jan so we can drive when production starts.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Just contacted Senator Silvey in Liberty Mo. Time for voting on agendas for automobiles is from Jan. to May. and must be voted on by May 16 .
They had not heard of the Elio and proposal SB 503 . They did go to the Elio web site while I was on the phone with them and we have got there interest. But time is against us for this year. Chances of this getting thru this year are slime to none But we need to keep pushing for early Jan so we can drive when production starts.

I agree that time is short now however the bill was actually introduced in early January and has made it through the transportation committee but needs to be put on the schedule for a vote. Need to push it as far as possible even if it does not make it through this time more people will become aware of it.

http://openstates.org/mo/bills/2014/SB503/

I have not heard of SB 503 so why do I want to support it?

Missouri is one of the few remaining states that would require motorists in the Elio to wear a helmet. SB 503 would eliminate this requirement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom